web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I saw an AVAYA document that stated I could have 10 call appearance buttons on the 10 center buttons on an 8434DX and 24 more call appearance buttons on the two rows of twelve buttons. I found that I could only add 10, anywhere. Did I miss something somewhere.

Call Appearance meaning the home extension of the set I want to program. Normally we do three, maybe four, with the last restricted to outgoing.

TIA

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
The call appearanace buttons require buttons that have (2) lights, that's why you could only program 10. Not sure what the doc's are refering to with the other two row's. But that's what is messing you up with trying to add the additionals.

...bob...

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
why on earth do you need that many call-appr?

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]
RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
Sort of wondered that myself lvw......??

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
the document is right..

The type of phone specifies the number of call appearances like 8434 could have 34 call appearances .. I have not configured 84XX series of phones but had done this on 46XX and 54XX phones without any issues..

We have an button to toggle the call appearance button... in normal it may have 1 to 12, when toggled to right it may have 13 to 24 and on...

10 is the max. You can check the capacity table on page 9.

https://support.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100069074

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]
OP Offline
In response to the question, why I would want that many buttons, testing purposes. We have x number of inbound PRI's and x number of out bound PRI's.

I take 7 or 8 fones with 10 CA buttons and make continuos calls to the inbound PRI's. I can watch calls move thru the ckts. I can test failover, I can test D-Channel backup. If we add a span to the AT&T rollover flow(this past weekend) I can very easily test under normal call flow if it does work instead of waiting until tonight when the next storm rolls thru to get busy because it does not work.

The idea of 34 buttons was to allow me to put 3 or 4 sets in one cube and not walk around the call center to 10 different sets.

It's very incremental and controlled.

You learn that most of what AT&T tells you happens should be taken with a grain of salt until you see it

I just have to get up at 2:00am to do it.

Thanx for all the input, oh I almost forgot, I saw a functional description of an 8434 from an AT&T manual when I googled the phraes "how many ca buttons....", had a line drawing of a set, with arrows, labels, that's where I got that.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024