Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#100654 10/26/11 07:38 PM
DJG Offline OP
OP Offline
Had a Merlin Plus 820-D that had a bad feature module, replaced the module and everything is back up and working but the intercoms just ring busy when you try to intercom ??? Is that in the feature module ??? or program

Voice/Data & Cable Contractors, Avaya/Lucent, Nortel and Panasonic Serving Central Fl
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
I would guess the feature mod. The intercoms worked before they should work now. How is it with out the feature mod. Do the intercoms work.

DJG Offline OP
OP Offline
Didn't try that,will be back in there friday and will try that, been awhile since I worked on one of these.

Voice/Data & Cable Contractors, Avaya/Lucent, Nortel and Panasonic Serving Central Fl
It's not going to function at all without a feature module. Do the ext's ringing busy have phones connected?

Trump 2020
Proud 1 star member.
Is just a green light lit on control unit not red and green ?

With power off I would remove the feature module
carefully and put it back in and make sure its
fully seated and flush with back panel sometimes they are a little hinky going in.

DJG Offline OP
OP Offline
1864, yes they do have phones connected,kenb,yes I do have agreen light,I did reinstall the feature model but I'll try it again in the morning, does it matter that the other FM was the smaller one and the new one has the busy buster,that's the only other thing that I can think of that's changed

You went from an 820d r1 to a rel 2 shouldnt make a difference.

How did you know it was a bad feature mod and not the box.

Was there any wiring done here the merlin runs on 4 pair ?

Take 2 phones and plug them directly into control unit and see if they work there.

DJG Offline OP
OP Offline
the wiring has been in place for a "few" years, The system went down, replaced the feature modual and every thing came back up ecept the problem with the intercoms

DJG Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry for the misspells, watching the game at the same time, can't believe these guys, game 7 here we come :toast: :toast:

@1984: I thought certain features (at least with the 820D "breadbox" units) would work with OR without FMods...Intercom included. Perhaps this wasn't the case with the Merlin Plus units.

@DJG: I think KENB may be right regarding the box being the issue. Suppose an electrical hit took the thing out. Now suppose that the FM "did the trick" in regards to resurrecting most items. If Intercom doesn't work at this point, it's either got to be a bad FM or a good FM with bad registers on the main board (in which case, only a complete replacement will fix the problem).

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,319 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Carl Navarro, nortelvoip), 91 guests, and 351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024