web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#100728 11/09/11 10:43 AM
OP Offline
My boss has somehow reset his password to his mailbox and now cant get into his mailbox,which is also the administrator mailbox. Since we are unable to get into administrator mail box, how do we reset the system to be able to access and move the admin MB so that he does not do this in the future? wink

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

#100729 11/09/11 11:33 AM
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
What kind of a VM do you have on your 820D?? Do you have any kind of AT&T documentation that pertains to the Voice Mail??

#100730 11/09/11 12:27 PM
OP Offline
ClassicMail. I have all the manuals on CD, however, I have found NOTHING that pertains to being able to reboot or reset the system. As if the admin mb becomes locked and unobtainable from any other mailbox. Hes not even sure how, when and if he reset his password, I was able to get into his mb, then 5 mins later, unable to.

Merlin system was powered down, after we powered on Merlin, he went to all establishment phones and reprogramed and blocked via T/P switch on side of phone. When I tried to access his mb in the classic mail system it stated "invalid ext./password combination", and if I cant access his mb, then I cant access the admin mb. correct? I am able to access ALL other mb's that I set-up except his! PLEASE HELP?! I am a bartender who works for his establishment, I have past mobile phone experience and he asked me to set up the VM portion and record the greetings and set up Night/day schedule, call routing etc. for the ClassicMail system. I have no idea the can of worms I am getting into... Thanks!

#100731 11/09/11 01:33 PM
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Online Content
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
You must understand how old this system is. ClassicMail was not a AVAYA/Lucent product, but made by Voyis (I think thats how it was spelled.
It sounds like you may be having hardware problems.
It many be time to start thinking about replacing this system.
If you have the cd, it should tell you how to default the VM and start over.
Good Luck

#100732 11/09/11 06:40 PM
I am a bartender who works for his establishment, I have past mobile phone experience and he asked me to set up the VM portion and record the greetings and set up Night/day schedule, call routing etc. for the ClassicMail system.

It is correct that Classic Mail was manufactured by Voysis. AT&T just rebranded it. You have to understand that it as well as the Merlin 820D is probably 30 years old. The Voysis was the first of it's kind and not at all good. The Merlin never was intended to have voice mail and the Voysis was a crude work around by an outside company to provide some kind of VM functionality for it. What you have been asked to do as far as Night/day schedule I don't believe it can even do.

I would suggest that now is the time to replace that antique with a refurbed Partner ACS that will have real voice mail. Contact your local Avaya Business Partner.

If you have the cd, it should tell you how to default the VM and start over.

There were no CDs in those days!

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#100733 11/10/11 03:39 AM
OP Offline
We were provided with the manuals from used phones.com on CD, he had sent the ClassicMail device to them for updgrade/repair and wanted me to reinstall the VM portion for our comapany greetings and business, believe me, I know its ancient but trying to tell him that is another story. This system is SO primative, and I come from the wireless field, totally out of my realm. With the information I have provided, it seems i have to call an actual person for a reset of system or admin reset... Still have not been able to find any information about resetting.

#100734 11/10/11 05:37 AM
PM sent

#100735 11/10/11 08:10 AM
problem solved

#100736 11/10/11 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Key West Kristen:
We were provided with the manuals from used phones.com on CD, he had sent the ClassicMail device to them for updgrade/repair and wanted me to reinstall the VM portion for our comapany greetings and business... it seems I have to call an actual person for a reset of system or admin reset... Still have not been able to find any information about resetting.
If you would have mentioned all this in the first place I would have asked why you hadn't called Used Phones about the issue rather than posting here??

Or did you attemp to?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024