web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Does anyone know why Mitel took away end users ablity to take the Install & Maintenance 2 week course? They said if your not a reseller or distributor your unable to register for the class.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Don't know really why, but it seems that they want you to go through dealers now. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

I can't speak for Mitel......but most end user training is paid for by dealer(yes I know you may have been quoted a price).The major thimg that sustains end user training is dealer tech training....when a dealer decides that one certified tech is all they need.....then drop end user training from bids,and it becomes considerally cheaper.I know for Nortel OPT. end user training,it runs in the Thousands of dollars.On top of the training for end users..they have to have tech assistance available for end users...so in a time when the comm. industry is in a SLUMP...some things have to go,besides the techs!!REMEMBER Y2K,WHEN EVERYONE THOUGHT THEY HAD TO HAVE A EZPENSIVE UPGRADE OR NEW SYSTEM!!!Money rolled didn't it!!!

In Memory of Moderator Bruce Owen who pass away Jan 20 2004.
http://www.owentel.com
OP Offline
Thanks for the information, I was able to contact my Mitel sales rep to have him sponsor me. He contact the registration office & informed them I needed to take the class, so off to Costa Mesa Cali I go. Is anyone certified? I wonder what the test is going to be like? I just got the CD training doc's on CD and it looks pretty easy!
Thanks again....

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Well I'll tell ya I've been to a couple of schools and they are very easy. Half the time I knew more than the teacher. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Don't sweat it craigers
dtmf

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited 05-11-2001).]

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
I have take about 15 certification courses on various systems...all schools were fairly similiar.I have seen many people with zero experience in these classes and not one of them ever failed.Most classes do not try to teach you every facet of the system,but teach you where to find the info in the manuals.All tests were open book and there was usually a review before the test,pay attention,the review is usually the test questions!!!!Most tests were 20 to 50 questions long,but Fujitsu had a 100 question test with a lab project.You had to score an average of 90 on all 3 tests,but I still made it through the class.
So as DTMF said,do not worry about the test,you will make it through it fine.I have only seen one person fail the certification,but he was on a week long drunk and thought they would pass him just because he showed up.

[This message has been edited by openwire (edited 05-11-2001).]

In Memory of Moderator Bruce Owen who pass away Jan 20 2004.
http://www.owentel.com
Openwire is right on the money about the school, it's about where to look in the books for help. Don't forget that you'll be here in sunny layback Socal! Enjoy your stay and don't sweat the school [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

OP Offline
Thanks for encouragement everyone, I'm looking forward to the class. If the certification test was anything like the Siemens/Rolm tests it's all bookwork & knowing where to find things.
Take care!

Is it just me or arent these certification classes a waste of time & money? I havent been to one in about 5yrs the last class was for Innovations Voice Mail at Genesis in Memphis which was cool because I spent my nights in Tunica (Gambling) that was an expensive school as I recall.. Any way just give me the damn book and let me at it. Nothing like hands on in a real working environment. Most of the stuff they teach you in these classes you will never use in the real world. But hey its kinda like a mini vacation. If they want you to be certified fine if you buy a system for thousand of $$$ the schools should be free some of these charge big $$$ just to get a certificate to sell their stuff.... OK I vented Im cool now...(LOL)

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Using manuals for key systems and running service on a PBX is just fine and dandy, but to build a PBX from the ground up is another story all together. Installing a system with ACD, CTI, VoIP, multiple sites networked, centralized Voicemail, centralized billing, takes a highly trained technician with a brain like a sponge. All the techs I work with are factory trained at a very high cost, but that money is returned to the company in the form of clean installs and a job done right the first time. Have you ever seen how many manuals are associated with a Definity or Nec 2000/2400, they would fill a small service vehicle. Don't knock good schooling. I can take all my certificates (12 in the last 3 years 3 years, 16 total) & get a job in any medium to large city in America or Canada.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,315 CTX100 install
187,088 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 138 guests, and 366 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024