web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
fldiver Offline OP
OP Offline
Does anyone out there have or know of the "Dean VIP" software for Mitel SX100/200 Analog systems? We have several 100/200's running this software and recently a customer moved to a new location we powered down the PBX & removed to new location system was without power perhaps 2 hrs when I 1st turned it up at the new location it came up & ran for maybe 30 mins went into a major alarm & everything was dead. I removed all station & trunk cards system still would not bootup. I then tried a 217IPC card & had the same problem. So for yucks I moved the console cable to the system console maintenance port & the system came up. Only problem was the whole database was scrambled & I had to reinitialize the IPC. After initializing everything was fine except it had lost the "Dean VIP" activation. Dean Communications tells us that their licensing agreement with Mitel has expired & they cannot reactivate this software. In December of 1999 we had purchased a "VIP" board from a company in Colorado (not Dean) nearly 6 months had passed & they never cashed the check and we had another VIP that had deactivated & they would not give us the code to reactivate this one, so we stopped payment on this check then we got a phone call from this company in CO. and they told us if we didn't send them another check certified funds we would have problems with the VIP software & they would not be able to help us. Low & behold the very next day the board we had from them failed. We sent them a check and miraculously the next day the software was "reactivated" Obviously they can call into these systems & deactivate or activate the software. My problem now is that we have another customer with the VIP software & no one seems to be able to get me the code to reactivate. Anyone else had problems with VIP software & or does anyone know how to crack the code to reactivate this software? It seems to me either Mitel or Dean needs to stand behind this product & provide customers that bought it the ability to activate this software. What the VIP software is, is basically a converted 218 or 217 that provides ONS Voice Mail support it provides for a single line ext. to turn on & off Message waiting lights as well as speed call codes to access voice mail & send forwarded calls to the voice mail...At any rate would love to hear from anyone with this software out there & have you had any problems with getting it activated?

Thanks ;-)
MB
Com-Tel Technical Inc.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
I put many of these in about 5 yrs back & barely remember the activation process. I will check my notes & get back w/ you.

fldiver Offline OP
OP Offline
The activation process is fairly simple, you would call "Dean Comm" they have you dial *29 from the console you get an 8 digit code from a random number generator in the source or destination window which you would tell them the 8 digit number & they would tell you a I think it is a 8 digit number to dial at the console & the thing is activated.

There is probably a formula like take the 8 digit number multiply it by 3 then divide by 4 and add 2 (LOL)...... Probably something really simple but no one at Dean or spin off companies of Dean will tell us how to do it. At any rate if someone knows how to do it our customer would probably pay a small fee to get it done. Thanks DrPBX.

fldiver Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey DrPBX I take it nothing in your notes huh?

Nothing more in my notes than the previous posts. I even called another tech who did alot of these with no luck. I think the only hope is to get Dean Comm. to help you out.

fldiver Offline OP
OP Offline
Yea I'd like to get Dean to help out the only problem is they said they have lost the licensing aggreement with Mitel and are unable to do anything with these boards anymore which as I posted previously I think that is wrong since they sold the product when the had the licensing agreement with Mitel & certainly they should be able to service products installed prior to the end of the Mitel licensing agreement. I think its wrong what Mitel & or Dean are doing to people that bought this product. So if you have any of these systems installed pray you dont lose the VIP activation because if you do they are screwed. Thanks any way DR..

MB.

You could try contacting a company called Teletronics (800)543-1023. They sold a product called Super 319,it is a retrofitted 217 software card. It might cost a few dollars but it would give you the voicemail option and the expanded ARS. Tell them you story and they will help you out, thay have always been good to me.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,442 Shoretel
188,296 CTX100 install
187,078 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 157 guests, and 196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024