web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello all,

First, I must admit that I'm a bit new to PBX. I have just inherited responsibility of the above 20 year old system. It is installed in a manufacturing environment FWIW.

Problem: Some extensions cannot dial out, nor do they ring when dialed within the building. They simply can call other extensions. They have the same COS as others that fully work. I have tried both superset and standard stations on these extensions. I have also tried them on different cards within the unit. The odd part is that one of the extensions in questions did work with the exception of it's voice mail. I've tried power cycling the unit.

Any thoughts? Should I try the "system reset" switch on the main control card?

Thanks for any help.

Mitel SX-200 Generic-1000
phoneXpress 1.00b
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

From your question I assume that the phones do work when plugged in at other locations, both inbound and out. Are they all on the same card? Have you checked their class of restiction (COR) and tenant?

OP Offline
johnp,

Thanks for the reply. Your assumption is correct. The phones work fine on different extensions. The extensions are on different cards. Some of the issues seem to have been COS / COR related. Everyone is a tenant #1. The odd part is that the same COS / COR affect different extensions differently. One extensions worked fine outbound and outbound internally, and yet couldn't recieve any calls. Another, with the same COS / COR, works fine both ways. Maybe multiple cards are going bad ???

phoneXpress 1.00b
Check Form 30.

Here is what E-docs have to say...

Form 30 - Device Interconnection Table
This form specifies which devices may be connected. See the figure below for the form layout. The system allows a maximum of 25 devices.
Figure: Form 30 Layout
Field Descriptions
Initially, the system interconnects all devices except trunks. The asterisk (*) character indicates the device the row represents is allowed to connect to the device the column represents. When the system inhibits device interconnection, it is indicated by the period (.) character. The device numbers are listed in the header line and the first column. The devices these numbers represent are listed in the nested REVIEW form.
Softkeys
INTERCON NUM: The INTERCON NUM softkey allows a user to select a device by number. Pressing this softkey displays the ENTER INTERCONNECT NUM: prompt. Entering the interconnect number (1 to 25) displays that device with a series of ‘*’ characters (allow interconnection) and ‘.’ characters (disallow interconnection). Cursor movement on the command line is controlled by the right and left cursor control keys.
DISALLOW/ALLOW: This softkey has two functions; it enables and disables interconnection between devices. Pressing the DISALLOW softkey disables the interconnection between those two devices unidirectionally. For example, when modifying connections for device 5 (the command line displays line 5) and the DISALLOW softkey is pressed when the cursor is under the sixth column, then device 5 cannot communicate with device 6. However, device 6 can still communicate with device 5. Total interconnection is inhibited only when a ‘.’ (disallow) character is inserted at row 6 (device 6) under the fifth column (device 5). The softkey now displays the ALLOW prompt. Pressing the ALLOW softkey enables the unidirectional interconnection between the selected devices; the ‘*’ character replaces the ‘.’ character.
REVIEW: Pressing the REVIEW softkey displays a new form (refer to Review List Subform for Form 30). This form lists all the device types.
The standard softkeys CANCEL, ENTER, TOP, BOTTOM, and QUIT are provided.

What happens exactly when you call these extensions? Are you using a display set when calling to verify they aren't forwarded or in do not disturb? Have you tried the clear features from the diagnostic section of the maintenance terminal?

OP Offline
Alrighty folks. Sorry for the delayed response, my new boss is keeping me very busy. To make a long story short, it looks that we are gaining on the problem. Form 30 looked okay. When calling these users with a display set, they are verified not to be in do not disturb nor forwarded mode. I have also discovered that some of the wiring my have been an issue. Hopefully, I have that corrected now. It did solve some of the intermittent problems with a couple of the extensions. Not sure why they had partial service though.

One last problem to figure out is that one of the corrected (re-wired) extensions is not automatically forwarding to voice mail. Since the voicemail is essentially a different extension, does that sound like a switch issue or a voicemail issue?

Thanks for all of the help to date. You have helped me develop a foundation for understanding PBX.

phoneXpress 1.00b

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy), 150 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024