Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
SX200icp hangs up on external caller leaving voice mail.
#106304 08/16/07 10:15 AM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 28
BCmitel Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 28
On a few occasions, integrated VM users have complained that callers have been cut off in the middle of leaving a voice mail. I listened to one of the messages and the person was speaking somewhat quietly but not nearly to the point that I thought they should have been cut off.

I am not getting complaints of callers being cut off during normal conversations so I don't think it's a trunk dropout problem.

Is there a setting for the VOX ??? level?

Is there something else I should look at?

EMP & Lightning Home Surge Protection
EMP - Click Here!
Re: SX200icp hangs up on external caller leaving voice mail.
#106305 08/17/07 07:07 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 370
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 370
The only thing that comes to mind is " talk off "
is when a caller is in VM and the tone or pitch of the callers voice- mostly women with high pitch voice, VM thinks it is DTMF tone and stops recording and the caller will usually hear the VM options I.E. to send message press x.

I have not heard of this happening in a few years, not sure if newer VM's have cleared this issue.

The message you listened too how long was the message before it cut off? that could give you an indication of a " low volume "


Alex Kroger
Pinnacle Communications Corp
Mitel/Hitachi
Nationwide Hospitality Provider
Re: SX200icp hangs up on external caller leaving voice mail.
#106306 08/17/07 10:27 AM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 28
BCmitel Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 28
Quote
Originally posted by AKroger:
The only thing that comes to mind is " talk off "
is when a caller is in VM and the tone or pitch of the callers voice- mostly women with high pitch voice, VM thinks it is DTMF tone and stops recording and the caller will usually hear the VM options I.E. to send message press x.

I have not heard of this happening in a few years, not sure if newer VM's have cleared this issue.
Our system is only a few months old.

Quote
Originally posted by AKroger:

The message you listened too how long was the message before it cut off? that could give you an indication of a " low volume "
The message was only about 15 seconds long and there appeared to be almost no pause in speech prior to the cutoff. The volume on the entire message, I would consider to be somewhat low but it wasn't nearly to the point where I'd say it should've been cut off. It was a mans voice that I'd say was on the guttural side, not soft.

I was hoping there was an easy solution however, I think I'll just call the supplier and ask them to look at it.

Re: SX200icp hangs up on external caller leaving voice mail.
#106307 08/17/07 11:50 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,136
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,136
Is it random mailboxes or certain mailboxes? Have you tested leaving a message via each individual port on the VM?

If it is a few specific mailboxes then delete them and re-enter them. Obviously if it is a bad port then you can busy it out until you get it fixed. could be a bad spot or two on the HD in which case you ought to be able to run some maintenance if you can schedule a time to take the system down.

Re: SX200icp hangs up on external caller leaving voice mail.
#106308 08/28/07 03:44 PM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 28
BCmitel Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 28
Quote
Originally posted by Dane:
Is it random mailboxes or certain mailboxes? Have you tested leaving a message via each individual port on the VM?

If it is a few specific mailboxes then delete them and re-enter them. Obviously if it is a bad port then you can busy it out until you get it fixed. could be a bad spot or two on the HD in which case you ought to be able to run some maintenance if you can schedule a time to take the system down.
Hi Dane, long delay however, I was waiting for another instance and haven't had one.

Regarding a specific mailbox, no, it's been on three different mailboxes, once each.

Regarding a bad port, it's an integrated VM. If you mean a bad analog trunk, there would have been other complaints by now.

Re spot on HD, I would have thought that would've shown up by now but ???

Mitel is going to take a look as we're still under warranty but thanks for all replies.

I'll post any resolution if there is one.


Moderated by  DrPbx 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Most Recent 5 Post
7100 Lan Printer Error
by RM SYSTEMS - 09/28/20 02:27 PM
Caller wait list
by Hofman telekom - 09/28/20 11:27 AM
TDA50G power consumption
by kenc - 09/27/20 01:23 PM
Who's Online Now
36 members (nortelvoip, metelcom, hitechcomm, hbiss, aweaver, RATHER BE FISHING, Keyset6, Bob3470, Carl Navarro, dexman, gertter, justbill, JBean3329, Coral Tech, BobRobert, Hanale, nameless, jab1780, Professor Shadow, Bull Tone, crazy canuck, STS E, Yoda, RM SYSTEMS, Ruben, MarvinACE, Darman951, Memphisribs, xware, Telesystems, Touch Tone Tommy, jknichols, gelehu, KRRath, Hofman telekom, ALB300), 555 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Popular Topics (Views)
Forum Statistics
Forums94
Topics93,975
Posts637,355
Members49,356
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Today's Birthdays
betsy, Cabling Lady, jcorsell, MVSpeed, sherif
Newest Members
xware, Adam19871, tmr-afmk, Big Alan, simsh
49355 Registered Users
Get Tech Support Now! Click the banner below
Get Tech Support Now!
Top Posters (30 Days)
dexman 34
hbiss 12
Ruben 10
teleco 10
ABLE1 10
Bluewater Sailing
https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=5256033
EMP Shield for Commercial - Home & Vehicle
Use Coupon code SAVE - Click Here!
Sold AD
Servpro Ventura 24-Hour Emergency Service
Free Estimates call us now 24Hours
Contact Us | Telephone System Tech Support | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2020
Trusted Partners