web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#106395 08/24/07 10:22 AM
sp9239 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello! New to this forum as well as PBX system.

Currently Mitel SX-50 misbehaving after a recent thunder storm power outage.

Now, the PBX system rings all incoming call to a x210 and at the main console at same time. Also, same things happens if I transfer a call to any extension withing PBX and it will ring x210.

One other weird problem is that the PBX has x405 used for fax. The line for fax gets a dial tone but it doesn't break after hitting 9 for outside line.

The Alarm lights came on the first 24hrs after the initial problem and it read: A22 0031 Line Loopback Error 02/15. Now the Alarm light comes on only once in a while after I called AT&T cust service and a tech verified the connection upto the demark point.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Sam

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

That error code means that equipment number 31 failed a line loopback test, but it looks like it happened on Feb 15 ????

Does it ring only 210 or does it also ring the extension you transfer it to?

Have you reset the PBX?

Does this happen with system in day service

sp9239 Offline OP
OP Offline
The problem occured on Aug. 19th @ 7:00pm CST in USA. Not sur why it reports 02/15.

The tranferred extension rings as well as the extension 210 which rings all the time for any activity on cosole.

I have not reseted the PBX (other than hitting * 32 to turn off Alarm message) I am affraid to reset because I don't have any type of backup.

One other thing I have found out that some extensions can't even get the conversation two way. One the caller can hear on phone after transferring the phone to the room.

Yes, it happens in the day service.

Because of the storms in our area I installed a UPS Battery Backup to avoid this and not sure why I still got into this problem.

Thanks! for your quick reply.

Sam

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Is extension 210 an admin extension?
Does the loopback error alarm keep returning?
What is the Equipment # for ext 210?
In rooms that cannot carry on 2-way conversations, have you tried a Known-good phone in those rooms? (By known-good I mean 1 that you borrowed from another room AFTER testing it in that room. Just because no one has complained, does not indicate that a specific room's phone is good! Test it before trying it in a 'bad' room)
Truthfully, you probably need to try a power-off reset, AFTER you have located a certified Mitel tech that is willing to come to your rescue. My knee jerk reaction is that if a reset and/or default-and-reprogram don't clear the problem(s), you are going to need a master control card.
UPS's are not the best choice for power surge/lightning protection. And lightning can come in on the phone lines. Or even 'backwards' from a computer modem that is hooked to an extension port and plugged into an unprotected outlet.
Keep us posted on your progress, we'll help as much as we can. John C (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Well the SX50 uses EPROM type memory. I don't think you can avoid a reset. However make sure that you do a program dump before you reset just in case you can't get the thing back up. I don't have time to tell you how to do that now since I am late for an appointment but others here can give you the procedure. Just make sure you have plenty of paper in your printer (hopefully you have one on site, if not you can dump it to a computer with hyperlink or other terminal program). I think eventually you are going to have to cross your fingers and reset, but don't do it until monday. There was an old Movie titled "Never on Sunday" in the phone business I have learned "Never on Friday". Good luck.

sp9239 Offline OP
OP Offline
response to Lightninghorse above...

210 is an extension just like any other. There are total 50 extension under one SX-50 system.

The loopback error hasn't come back since Monday after AT&T tech stopped verified the demark point. However, today(Friday) in morning the error (Alarm) came back twice and haven't heard again.

I am not sure what you mean by Equipment # for 210? It belongs to the same PBX as other extensions. The telephones used are simple telephone like in homes, except it has Message Light on it. Most are made by Ageis.

So, far I have tried a working from extension 210 and still get no dial tone. I just get lots of noise on 210.

sp9239 Offline OP
OP Offline
respones to Dane above...

I attempted to do a Data Dump in 2006. However, due to lack of knowledge I didn't really complete it.

Does it take a long time to do a dump?

Will appreciate any info on data dump procedures and Do's and Don'ts.

Thanks! for the time.

Sam

I agree with most of the above except for one small item. DO NOT RESET the system until you have replaced the battery on the software module.

It uses a CR-232 battery. The problem with the date leads me to believe the battery may be old.

Once the battery has been replace you can power down without losing the program. If you are unsure of what you are doing by all means find a QUALIFIED MITEL tech familiar with the SX-50. It is an odd beast.

Located in Southern California.
Mitel, Avaya, Nortel and Hitachi Products and services for Hospitality and Business sectors. Tel: 1-800-329-7971
when you have printer or laptop hooked up to the SMDR port and have verified you are getting readable data then on the console

press "function"
dial 97
dial 7772

above are codes if they were not changed from the default.

I agree with MT. Battery change is warranted before reset. Though I have had systems running for 20 years with battery still good. However some of the flaky stuff you are getting could be a result of failing battery.

good luck

Your comments lead me to agree, 1st a power down reset, AFTER you replace the software battery, located on the right side of the card cage.

The battery is a CR2032, don't drive the clerk crazy. It seems to be available many places for many uses. I've even seen it at Wal-Mart! Apparently, it fits some watches. But look at the battery before you go out to buy 1. The very early software packs used a different configuration that 'stands' on 3 legs, while the CR2032 is the proverbial 'coin' battery. The '3-legged one' can be tough to find. Like Dane said, Good Luck. smile John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 155 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024