web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
billyho Offline OP
OP Offline
I've got a 7 node sx200 with a Pri in a Bay 2 . It's LW19 Q36. It's been fine for a few years but now has dumped the link a few times this week. The reports show too many slips. The Telco has checked from the CO and says all is fine, they're sending out a tech to test the line. They may or may not find a problem, a typical telco dilemma.

Is there a way to increase reliability on the link even if it's getting some slips.

I've found that a power cycle on bay 2 always seems to fix the problem but that's not a good long term solution!

Thanks
Bill

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Sleazy, but sometimes works, Increase the allowable number of slips in a 24 hour period. John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
If you're testing with the CO, you can do a hard loop and see if they slip going back to themselves. Unlikely, but a desperate move.

Have you considered your clock card? I suppose it could be failing. Everything made by man quits eventually! Gotta say, I've never had a Mitel clock card/source fail, but many years ago in another life, I had a brand new clock on a Western Electric K and L carrier system die! It does happen. And we were the 'slave'. (You gotta hear Frequency Division multiplex when the clock is 'wandering"!) John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
I have the same issue on a 200el lw 19. Verizon always screws up something over the weekend and we lose sync. We've had ongoing issues with their repeaters.

What I learned to do is force a yellow alarm on the PRI (any channel) in maintenance and then remove that yellow alarm. That does a soft reboot of the PRI, works every time, no need to reboot a cabinet.

And you have not contacted the corporation commission, or whoever threatens the lecs in NJ because? If your outages always happen on the weekend, sounds like Verizon is doing some sort of intrusive testing. They may not even know it, could be an automated test. They just have to break down, spend a little OT and trace it to its' source and shut it down. John C. (Not Garand)

billyho Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all your info. I'd like a Mitel guru to have a look at the switch. I'm not convinced that the PRI card is hooped but I think I need a second opinion. Also if it is I'll need to get another one pronto.

Thanks
Bill Harding
250-882-1457

We have 4 sx200 with pri - cards in them. During the summer the slip and loose timing. When the weather cools off the run without a problem. We have changed pri-cards and clocks until we are blue in the face. My picture is hanging in atleast 4 CO's. I had them check the voltage on the cards at the de-mark box on telo cards. Everything checks. The protocols etc are correct. The telco does not have remote access to these sites. I have had Mitel look at each location. Some of the sites fo not have repeaters between teh co- and office. I keep hounding the co.

Steve McCoy

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024