web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi everyone. I have one site that is an sx2000 MicroLight (LightWare 34.2.5.3) using NuPoint 9.0 UR1 with DNI integration via PIMG's. MWI is the last port on the PIMG's and is set to "MWI Only" and is in the V/M Hunt Group. System has been working fine for 18 months. I now have one user extension (SS4025) that has the MWI flashing, when the message button is pressed the display shows "No Message" with no other options. I have tried various feature codes and have even deleted the extension and voicemail for this user and recreated them to no avail. The light continues to flash. LOC FEA EXT 106 displays "Message Waiting Lamp On, Dialed Message Waiting." No other users are experiencing this problem and voicemail is working normally.

Any ideas on how to get rid of the "Dialed Message Waiting" (what ever that is).

Cheers,
Rod.

Sonicpelican
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Could be that some other phone is somehow turning on the light. The deletion of the extension should have cleared that. Try the "call sender of oldest (?) message" code and see if it rings an extension in the switch somewhere. If it does - then it should clear the MW light. Again - this may be something that is happening constantly - but at least it might tell you where (what ext) the problem is originating with. Then again I am not a 2000 guy so I could be way off the mark here. But if it were any kind of 200 or 50 that is what I would od.

This happens sometimes when you do a move/swap with the lamp on. It is very aggravating… I have swapped it with a phone in the closet and then renumbered both back to their original extension numbers. The lamp follows the swap, set up a voice mail account on the closet phone with the problem and set a message. On the 2K redundant, after 2 activity switches, you are usually able to clear the lamp.

JimmyV

"Well informed people know it is impossible to transmit the voice over wires. Even if it were, it would be of no practical value" Boston Post, 1865
OP Offline
Thanks guys. There has been no move swap, this user has had the same extension at the same desk for over 4 years.

I don't recall a "call sender of oldest (?) message" code in the feature codes but will have another look.

The move swap to move the lamp to another location may be a good one. Create a dummy extension, do the move swap, then delete the dummy extension and renumber the original back.

Unfortunately its an SX2000 MicroLight so no activity switching. Due to the poor quality of the local LS/GS lines in this locality the PABX is set to a nightly reboot to clear the seized lines. Things are so bad even the disconnect module can't entirely handle it. However this hasn't cleared anything up. Such is life in the third world, and thank God for remote management.

Cheers,
Rod.

Sonicpelican
At the attendant console, pull up the extension and see if preesing the Msg Waiting button(F7 key on a SC1000)turns it off.

JimmyV

"Well informed people know it is impossible to transmit the voice over wires. Even if it were, it would be of no practical value" Boston Post, 1865
Hi,
I have 2 sx2000 redundants and 4 microlights and use Active Voice. This occationally happens to the 4025 phones. Some of my pbxs do it more often than others. There is a difference in the message light depending who turns it on, either the VM or a user callback feature. I have the callback feature turned off, but somehow the VM will turn it on. Bottom line, when a user tells me that the light is lit, no voicemail and can't turn it off, I email them this standard text for a 4025 phone.

Step 1> Call your VM and make sure there are no new messages.

Step 2> With the handset in the cradle, press the upper right hand button that says “MESSAGE”

Display says “Call me back” you press YES
Display says “Erase Call More” you press the button under “ERASE”

You may have to do step 2 a couple of times.

Greetings,
I was in a bit of a hurry when I penned the above so maybe I can add a little more.

I have the same problem and nothing would stop the blinking light. Usually when I get the complaint, I first instruct the user to leave themselves a message from another phone and then to retrieve it. That way I know the ActiveVoice has sent out the proper Feature Acces Code to turn off the message light set my the VM.

If the light is still on then I know it is the Dialed Msg light, which is different and independent of the Msg Waiting light turned on by the VM

If I call another user with a 4025 and get a busy signal, I can activate the end user's MWI to on. Then when the end user sees their MWI on, they press the Msg button and the display says I called and the user has a choice to Ersase or Call me. Either way, the MWI that I turned on will be turned off. BTW, there is no Feature Access Code to turn on/off the MWI using this method.

I have turn this feature turned off for all of our 800 users because a very small minority who knew how to turn the MWI on, confused the heck out of everyone else.

What is confusing is that when I have gone to the phone in question to see who set the MWI on(because I have the feature off) it turns out that it always is one of the answer ports of the VM that has set Dial Msg On. Go figure!! I have never figured out why, so I have the boiler plate email in the above post and every month or so when I get the complaint, I send the instructions and that has so far fixed it. Hope this helps.

Yes, with the same code "Message Waiting - Activate" a normal phone leaves a "Dialed Message Waiting" and a Voice Mail Port (with the option :"COV/ONS/E&M Voice Mail Port" in his COS and put in a Hunt Group type Voice Mail) leaves a "Callback Message Waiting" . The first type can be erased by any station with option :"Message Waiting" activated in her COS.
The second type can be erased only by a station (port) in the same Voice Mail Hunt Group.
How can you leave an unerasable second type of message: delete from the Voice Mail Hunt Group the station (port) that has leaved the message.
How can remotely erase a "Callback Message Waiting" leaved by the Voice Mail : change the COS of any other station with a Voice Mail type of COS and put temporar that station in the Voice Mail Hunt Group. Then erase the message with the "Message Waiting-Activate Code" folowed by station's number that has the lamp blinking.
Unfortunately You are in the first case of Dialed Type of message and in theory it can be erased as I said at the beginig, as much as I know.
P.S. As I know Active Voice type of VM has an "Reset all lamps" option that is good to be used from time to time in a non trafic condition (at night).

OP Offline
Thanks for all the advice. One thing of interest is that when you press the message button the display states "No Message" and there are no other options so the user is pretty much dead in the water with what to do next.

As far as I can remember this is only the second time this has happened in 2 years and at different sites. The other time was on a SX2000 Light and while I was scratching my head it just disappeared one night after an Activity Switch. This time was a little different as it was a MicroLight, so no activity switch. It just wouldn't go away.

I've taken the advice of jimmyv and followed the MOVE SWAP path. This has worked, so I'm happy with that. The only problem now is if I ever need to use that PLID will the problem re-appear. Not to worry though, they've got plenty of spare PLIDS and I don't expect their staff numbers will be growing at any stage soon.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Cheers,
Rod.

Sonicpelican
I remember experiencing this problem.
I may have that old-timers disease because I can't remember exactly how I dealt with it, but I know I did.
I have a redundant 2k.
I think I deleted all references to the station in question then did an activity switch, then reprogrammed the extension.
When I say deleted all references, I mean down to the DNI Circuit Assignment.
You might want to do this last thing in the evening, let the Micro reboot overnight, then come back early in morning and reprogram everything.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,388 Shoretel
189,101 CTX100 install
187,417 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 381 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024