web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jocx Offline OP
OP Offline
it shows on the console and on the trunk card 9110-211-000 that one trunk line busy so it was replaced that trunk card with same setting on the switches and still shows busy with console showing the same.
on the toner control card 9110-005, I set to 8 8 8 8 for programming mode; but I do not know the indivdual trunk access code to clear or non-busy the trunk line. DIAL * 9 = give me busy.
I am told It alarms often and shut-off all incoming calls with ringing the extension assigned until it could be shut-off and restarted!
the tone control card was set before on 0 7 7 8

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Check the polarity on that trunk.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Also check the start type. Wouldn't be the first time the Telco 'mysteriously' changed a G/S trunk to L/S, or vice-versa! The fact that the trunk fails immediately usually means there is a problem with the trunk from the Telco. The analog 200 doesn't store failures.
By the way, 8888 is not the code to get into programming. Those wheels set either the cosole port to program from, or test functions that you'll need the book for. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
jocx Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks; how do you check polarity on the trunk card ? there is dip switches on/off, which I set the same that it was before; note the original trunk card was working I am told until that trunk line went busy!
There is a way to clear busy trunk line from the console; it is DIAL * 9 (trunk access code) RELEASE.
But I do not know the trunk access code ! When I try to release the whole group; it alarms and get all trunk line busy! upon which I get it to restart the system.

jocx Offline OP
OP Offline
does any one has console code for programming on this older unit that you can email me ?

PM sent.

JOCX, to test polarity on a CO line, go to the 66 block and put a multi-tester on it. The top post should give you -48 VDC compared to the next one down. If you get +48 VDC, polarity is reversed. Red lead on top, black below, -48 VDC. If you switch the probes of the multi-tester, you should get +48 VDC.

It's OK if it says 50 or 45 or whatever, you want to know about the + or -.

First of all why don't you tell us how those switches set? If they set to GS then just swap wires on the the block for the Trunk that is giving you a busy state because GS trunks all polarity sensitive. I don't remember exactly but to release a trunk you need to dial *, Trunk release code follow by the Trunk number. It is all in Volume III in the back of the book.
I sent you a PM. Have you received it? Could you get into the Programming?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,642 Shoretel
189,525 CTX100 install
187,781 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 154 guests, and 353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024