web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
After fifty5's last post I went back and looked at this thread. I may have missed it, but I can't find anywhere where it says the outside calls are being answered by an auto-attendant, but it seems that would seem to be the logical assumption here. However I wonder it that is what is happening. Are the outside calls being answered by an auto-attendant?

It seems to me the way to make this work with what you have is to have people program a single digit on their mailbox to dial their cell ("to try to reach me on my cell press 1").
people have a great tool with the voice mail to inform people of what they are doing and when they will be back but most people don't take the 15 or 20 seconds to record their greeting in the morning and at night. Just lazy

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Vendor show up out of nowhere and did a long convoluted call into Mitel to figure this out. Turns out a COS option of "Suppress CCM for ISDN" (whatever that means?!?) was the option to enable to fix the problem. Apparently it affects the behavior of certain call routes, even the explanation in help was a bit convoluted.

It now works as prescribed!

Mitel 3300Mxe running MCD 4.0, 5340 Phones
Thanks for letting us know - I have never run ito that.

Learn something new, I had to look it up.

CCM = Call Connect Message, in response to the CO’s Call Progress Message…

From the Knowledge Base (just put in CCM)

How to pull external forwarded call back to internal VM

“Without this option, T1 trunks and/or internal extensions will not be able to reroute the call back to the internal answer point once the call has been forwarded externally.”

JimmyV

"Well informed people know it is impossible to transmit the voice over wires. Even if it were, it would be of no practical value" Boston Post, 1865
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,793 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 103 guests, and 235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024