web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
REW Offline OP
OP Offline
A customer has an SX-50 and several times a day incoming calls start ringing to rooms 229 0r 231 with console in day service. They never use night service but I checked and it is set to 100 on all trunks in night. All programming looks good, no recent changes. Reseting system fixes problem for a few hours. I really hate to have to default and reprogram this thing but it looks like I am heading that way. Anyone have any other ideas?
MS-55 software. Battery replaced 6 months ago.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Have you checked the attendant overflow setting?

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Does 100 have forward on busy set? Oh, and is 100 possibly a hunt group, rather than an extension? And last but not least, are ALL trunks set to the console in day? + what the Doctor said.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
REW Offline OP
OP Offline
Problem solved! Overflow was to 100,which was a hunt group. One of the phones in the hunt group was call fowarded to 229 and another was fowarded to 231. And as usual no one has any clue to how this happened.
Thanks everyone!

The Hospitality business never ceases to amaze me!
Suggestions:

1. Overflow to the RING GROUP.

2. Deny all call forwarding on ring group (or hunt group) members.

3. Change programmer security code, and deny customer programming. Also, realize that unless you disable it, all you have to do is dial the access code in the basic program to go into programming. Default is XX. To disable, Control Card Status switch Y must be set to 'ZZZZ'. PM me and I'll fill in the blanks. Or see CDE instructions. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,701 CTX100 install
186,789 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 105 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024