web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
But if all of your trunks are two-way, and someone dials in the secondary number instead of the main published number, it will still ring on your console.

Glad that it helped. If you were not in so isolated a location, I would have suggested that you find a Mitel dealer who is more cooperative, rather than undertake so much programming on your own. Also, there is an individual who posts here *coughFIFTY5FOOTERcough* who conducts training for Mitel systems.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

bda Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, thank you guys all for the comments.

I see, PRI trunk is the only option for inserting the CPN.

Well, I do not remember where I learned that from, but in the old times (in Europe), when the "call display" functionality was not widely present, some smarts invented kind of caller’s-number-detectors installed inside of the common telephone set. Those were based on some kind of code-interacting with telephone provider while the very first ring. And it was also possible to deceive the call recipient by sending the certain code sequence that replaced the true number with fake one. And all these worked on the common telephone lines!

I just thought that this functionality still exists and can be employed.

All right. I got two more tasks to complete with my setup: Automatic Attendant and Unified Messaging (emailing option is purchased). Will go along that road once I have spare time.

Another challenge came my way this morning. One of our partners (small resort) asked me to look into their Mitel setup based on same SX-200 (and 3 “microwave” cabinets) with 99% of which are common one-pair lines. I came on-site and found out that their “phone-and-IT-tech” left the island while ago with keeping the system documented all in his head. Later, some local techs (different person almost every time) worked on the system and turned it into the total mess.

Well, at least with what I’ve learned within last month I could deal with extensions and overall understanding of what it is. But the biggest question now is about what lines they are using. At a glance there is a T1 24-line trunk and 3 (or 5?) trunks combined of analog lines together with some single lines. Some of them are marked with phone numbers in comments but mostly incorrect. It is almost always hit-and-miss: the documented telephones are discontinued, moved to another circuit, some undocumented lines are connected to… only G-d knows where, etc etc.

So I want to trace down all them and figure out what is in real use. I dug into the docs and the only way I found is to connect terminal to the Superconsole 1000 and watch it while calling all those lines. Mm, I got something, but there is no detail about what bay/slot/circuit the call comes through.

Could anybody point me towards the solution?
Tnx.

When a fail is so epic, it becomes a win.
PM Sent!

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
bda Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks again to everybody.
- LDN keys work;
- TAFAS is handy;
- disconnect timer adjustment to 100ms also helps.

A new question:
before all these changes the stations were able to forward the call during the conversation by dialing just the extension number (2xx), now they are not. Is this because the Digit Strings implemented (yes, there are 2xxXXXX entries) or something else has affected that? Please advise.

No. It should have been that only your console(s) were able to transfer by dialing the station. From all other extensions, you should need to press "Trans/Conf" and then dial the extension, and release.

bda Offline OP
OP Offline
I see.
Now I am trying to configure the night mode. I have the hunt group 300 with the standard 301, 302, 303, and 304 VM ports in it.
In the F49 I assigned the daytime 9-17 Mon-Fri. Then in F14 Non-DI Trunks I put 300 in N1 and N2 fields. I guess this would route the incoming calls straight to the VM (w/o waiting on caller's side). No luck.
Also, in the F19 (we are the only tenant) I put 300 in N1 and N2 fields for CO Routing Points on No Answer. I guess that would forward the caller to VM after several rings. No luck either.
What am I missing?
Tnx.

Before messing with Form 49 (which should be mailbox options, no?), try manually switching between Day/N1/N2. At the console, press Function, Night 1. You should see "night 1" on the right side of the display.

Now make test calls. Any luck?

To get back, press "Function" "day service."

bda Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, this manual switching on the console works.
After 2 rings on the caller's side the autoattendant answers with choices for: 0 - operator, 9 - directory (not been set up yet), and extension, YEP! this part works, and the call parks in the personal mailbox.

2 questions now:

- how do I automate switching to Night1 mode and back?
- why does the operator's mailbox never kick in? The attendant's console is on ext 200, with the mailbox 200. The console is reachable by 0 as well and the mailbox 0 also exists (by default setup).

No automatic switching, the feature to look at is Attendant Calls Forward On No Answer. Setup an phantom extension *200 call forwarded always to vm and use it as the night 1 point. This will end up in mailobox 200

bda Offline OP
OP Offline
Some update. I just cahnged F19 (Call rerouting table) to

Station Dial 0 routing 200 - 300 - 300
Priority Dial 0 Routing 200 - 300 - 300

(all were 200) where 200 - attendant's extension and 300 - VM hunt group.
With being manually switched into Night1 the call goes straight to autoattendant now.

But there is still no way to end up onto operator's vm #200. Instead, the system offers to enter the mailbox number (for listening the messages).

Well, it possibly had never been set up, as the ext 200 is assigned to the console and I can't figure how to access the vm #200 from console. Help!

The autoswitching issue still remains... if there is no autoswitching what those settings for Sun-Sat and 9:00-17:00 in F49 are for?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy), 124 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024