web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jonmyk Offline OP
OP Offline
After being certified on the 3000 2 years ago I was going to quote one to a customer but remote programming is required. I seem to remember remote access is possible with S/W? but I'm not sure and I don't want to quote without verification.

I would also like anyone with experience using the S/W for remote access to let me know if there are any major pitfalls I should be aware of.

Have a call into Mitel Sales Engineering but have not heard back yet and the I&M manual for the 3000 is a little ambiguous on how it works.

Jon

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt"

Mark Twain
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Yes, it has remote access. You call the customer and have them dial a code. The next call will be answered by the modem.

jonmyk Offline OP
OP Offline
So no access without customer participation? As in after hours programming changes?

Jon

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt"

Mark Twain
What type of controller? LX doesnt have a WAN port, MXE has a WAN port, AX doesnt have a WAN port, I think the CXI does. MXE-the system needs a IP address for the WAN port and you can get directly in via the WEB or if its set up in the controller for PPOE you would need to set up a VPN into the controller. Or for the MXE,LX,AX and CXI you would need access to a PC on site that is attached on the controller network. I have used Gotomeeting, Gotomanage, Log me in, Join Me, Gotomy PC, Remote Desktop any of those would work.

Or if the system has a MAP attached its a little of the same or kind of what johnp states, it all depends on how it was set up.

PM sent

Alex Kroger
Pinnacle Communications Corp
Mitel/Hitachi
Nationwide Hospitality Provider
"Yes, it has remote access. You call the customer and have them dial a code (721). The next call will be answered by the modem."

Or when the system is set up and initially programmed, you can enter the number your modem will be calling from under DIAGNOSTICS > REMOTE ACCESS AND FAULT REPORT NUMBERS > MAINTENANCE CENTER NUMBERS. As long as the customer subscribes to caller id, you will connect automatically.

Bob

With all the variables involved, I am amazed when any voice and data technology works like it is supposed to.
I was thinkling that it may be possible to hook up an ip to serial converter and a comport redirector. If so, you could point an ip port the the converter and as long as the redirector is using the same port it may work like a local connection.

If I get the chance, I'll try it on the bench.

I have the data base programming for all of my Mitel 3000 customers on my desktop computer. I remote program via the modem only as I don't have any customers with a broadband module attached. It has worked well.

Bob

With all the variables involved, I am amazed when any voice and data technology works like it is supposed to.
My appologies I didnt read the post correctly i saw 3300 and not 3000. Sorry for the confusion

Alex

Alex Kroger
Mitel/Hitachi

Alex Kroger
Mitel/Hitachi
jonmyk Offline OP
OP Offline
Will be installing later this month, thanks for all the input. clap

Jon

Mark Twain
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 50 guests, and 422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024