web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
For that port, any phone is totally dead!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JOHNYREB:
Does the phone do anything when you first plug it in, or is it totally dead?</font>

Blessings
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

OP Offline
Sorry guys, missed you by a half.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dtmf:
Evangelist,
See the Chat Room button at the top of the page, go in there and we are waiting.
</font>

Blessings
Which 25 pair are you terminating to, and to what pair? I assume you have 3 25 pair calbes going to punchdown block correct? All the pairs on the 1st 25 pair cable should be "hot" ports except the last pair (violet/Slate) and the first 8 pairs on the second extension 25 pair should be "hot" as well. I'll shoot ya an e-mail with my cell number and would be glad to help tommorow if I can.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by test-ok:
did you cycle the power after adding the new phone?</font>

it sounds like he is shutting down the system.
what i think test-ok means is the the phone needs to cycle, i tell my custemers the phone needs to boot up. it sometimes takes about a minite for the phone to come up

Yeah...the LCD next the the line keys should flash the indicator arrows for about a minute then come on-line. Have you tried to make a call? If you're not trying to make a call it could be that the display defaults to a low level, making it appear that the phone is dead.

OP Offline
Thanks for helping. I am familiar with the Nortel phone bootup, and this port shows no sign of functionality. Convinced it is the programming as the orignal setup never included this phone ext, 241 and up.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by codasco704:
Yeah...the LCD next the the line keys should flash the indicator arrows for about a minute then come on-line. Have you tried to make a call? If you're not trying to make a call it could be that the display defaults to a low level, making it appear that the phone is dead.</font>

Blessings
I don't believe the problem is in programming, regardless of the ports programming, the phone should come up. You either have a bad port(s) or wiring problem. Did you get my e-mail?

OP Offline
Now here is the time where the rookie tells you how he negelected to adfix the bridge clip!
Be it as may I am operational. Thanks fellas, especially JonnyReb, he suggested it.
Where can I find those 'Bridge clips'?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JOHNYREB:
I don't believe the problem is in programming, regardless of the ports programming, the phone should come up. You either have a bad port(s) or wiring problem. Did you get my e-mail? </font>

Blessings
greybar or just use cross-connect wire and jump the pins, or simply dont use bridge clips since it is not necessary w/ nortel. Punch directly to the port.

28 post later!

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
The second post:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Try putting the phone on a jack at the backboard and see if it works there.</font>
would have shown it was in the wiring/bridge clips.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,397 Shoretel
189,122 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 157 guests, and 431 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024