web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#122118 10/14/04 07:51 AM
jjimm Offline OP
OP Offline
How does one cancel a transferred call to an internal DN?

Here's the scenario-
The receptionist answers the call, transfers to extension, but not releasing call yet, checking if anyone is there. If there, reception presses release to complete transfer. If not, she cancels transfer by...... asks the caller if they would like to be transferred to the person's voicemail, presses F986.

1. Does the VM transfer cancel the extension xfer?

2. what if they don't want VM and you just want to cancel the transfer?

arrghh! These user questions are killing me!

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

NT might be different, but on every system I've encountered it works like this. Press transfer button or flash button, (whatever you used to begin the transfer process) a second time to return to the calling party. Only set up I know of that's different is the old centrex where the second flash caused a conference and a third returned to the caller. I'll bet you a beer this will work. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
mark

jjimm Offline OP
OP Offline
Beer's in the freezer, right now, chilling.

Admin
Admin
What kind of set does the receptionist have? If it's a 7310, 7316, or 7324 she should have the options of how to deal with the transfer on the soft buttons underneath the display. I don't remember exactly what the options are right now...

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
On the Norstar, when you press the transfer key or use F70, the call is automatically placed on hold. If you want to pull the call back, press the held line. If they have soft keys on a 7310,7316, or 7324, press the cancel button and it will pull the call back.

Just to add to this ,I had a customer last week that after reception had hit the join key she wanted the call back [a woops] hitting the line here wont do it, so I gave her a Directed pickup key[F 76] 75 will work if in same p/u group and then she just hit the autodial btn of the icm she was calling and she had the call back

jjimm Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">On the Norstar, when you press the transfer key or use F70, the call is automatically placed on hold. If you want to pull the call back, press the held line. If they have soft keys on a 7310,7316, or 7324, press the cancel button and it will pull the call back.</font>

So, on the M7310, it sounds like-
the call comes in; you tell them you'll check to see if anyone is there to transfer to, and press F70; the call is now on hold, and you get internal dial tone, and dial the extension; (to complete the transfer after someone answers just press release); nobody answers, so you just press the line on hold (the internal talkpath is closed)and offer to transfer them to voicemail, and then press F986.

Does that sound correct?

Not if your lines are programmed auto privacy[y] once you have hit the release key or join key . you will get it back eventially under the trans call back if no one answers if the set you are trans to is set to cfb none and cfna none

Re JJIMM'S reply,,sorry I got a little ahead of things there you, are dead on for the prob. I was replying as though the call had been released to the icm being trans . to.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 121 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024