web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#122352 11/19/04 10:45 AM
jrob Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello everyone. I have been having a problem with my Meridian Phones (M7208) in our office. Small office w/ 3 phones. NO need for extensions, private lines, so on. I have been searching the internet for sometime and have stumbled on to this website, I hope someone can give me advice!

My problems are these. When I pick up the phone I would like it to automatically go to line 1 or 2 without having to manually push the button.

Also when I call an 800 phone number, and they ask to select an option it seems that my dial pad will not work.

Can anyone give me the solutions that I have been searching for the past several day's! It is getting very annoying. I have been through a lot of guides and cannot figure it out. These problems just recently arose after a power outage.

Thank you for your help in advance.

jrob

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

#122353 11/19/04 12:01 PM
You will need access to programming mode for both problems, In order for the phone to pick up on a particuler line, That line has to be assigned to that set under "Terminals & Sets" sub heading "Line Access", whichever line you want that set to pickup on when coming offhook needs to be set as the "Prime Line" for that set under the same heading.

Your other problem is proably due to the phone system reverting to default, for some reason Nortel has the default setting for the lines as pulse dial. You will need to change from "pulse" to "tone for each line under the "Lines" heading.

If you are not familar with programming you may want to get a tech out. You may also consider getting the system repaired or putting on a battery backup. It sounds as though the battery that retains the system programming during power failure is old. Until that is repaired, you will likely have to program the system again each time you lose power. Good luck.

#122354 11/23/04 04:36 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jrob:
Hello everyone. I have been having a problem with my Meridian Phones (M7208) in our office. Small office w/ 3 phones. NO need for extensions, private lines, so on. I have been searching the internet for sometime and have stumbled on to this website, I hope someone can give me advice!

My problems are these. When I pick up the phone I would like it to automatically go to line 1 or 2 without having to manually push the button.

Also when I call an 800 phone number, and they ask to select an option it seems that my dial pad will not work.

Can anyone give me the solutions that I have been searching for the past several day's! It is getting very annoying. I have been through a lot of guides and cannot figure it out. These problems just recently arose after a power outage.

Thank you for your help in advance.

jrob
</font>

The solution of ur seond problem an be solved if you use a feature (Feature 808)long tones feature use this featureur before entring dial pad no. this may solve ur problem.

#122355 04/01/05 01:31 PM
I've been having some problems of my own after I purchased the Meridian M7208. From what I can tell, I have to set them up in a special fashion to have them work? AS it stands now, I plug it in and I get no dial tone or anything. Any help would be appreciated (I have a small office in my home).

Switch

#122356 04/01/05 01:43 PM
Switch, Did you buy just a 7208 or did you buy a phone system as well? The 7208's are made to work only with a phone system and will not work off standard dial tone alone.

#122357 04/01/05 01:53 PM
Ah i see...yes i just bought the phone alone. Unfortunately I didnt know I needed a system that went with it. How much do the systems go for?

Also, are there Meridian phones that will work on standard dial-tone alone?

Thanks again,

Switch

#122358 04/02/05 08:03 AM
Yes, there are "Meridian" phones that work without a system. I believe they were in the 9000 series. Radio Shack sold them for a while (under the Sprint name), but I'm not sure that Nortel makes them any more. They really weren't that simillar to the M7208 though.

As far as buying a system, Sundance has a small Norstar (Meridian has more or less been reserved for the large PBX systems. The official name is now Norstar, though older phones may say Meridian) system capable of up to 3 lines and 8 phones. It runs for $495...but it will need to be installed. If you do not know anything about phone system installation, I reccomend NOT doing it yourself. It will require a fair amount of wiring and programming.

Also, be very careful about plugging in an M7208 straight into a phone line. It is simply not meant to be used outside of a phone system. Phone systems use much lower voltages for ringing and signalling (usually about 5 volts). If a call comes in on your phone line, the rining voltage (90v) will fry the phone.

#122359 04/03/05 10:48 AM
Alright, thanks alot for all the help. Really cleared things up for me. I guess i got some phones for sale haha.

#122360 04/04/05 03:20 AM
If you plugged those phones into the jacks in your house, they are probably completely fried already. They have a couple of components that are quite sensitive to power surges.

------------------
Avaya Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair

#122361 04/04/05 10:21 AM
I plugged one in for about 30 seconds or so. Thankfully there wasn't any incoming calls.

I dunno if that means nething, but I really hope there not fried

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 106 guests, and 237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024