Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#122800 02/10/05 04:32 PM
Farhan Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi All,
i am facing a privacy problum in norstar MICS system.One thing in mind that Privacy is on on all lines.
1- when i make a call and hold the call it blinks on all the sets and all the users can access that and can release the call i donot want that.
2- sometimes there is no blink on line button but when i press the button an incomming call on that line is picked up or if i press a pool code and instead of displaying "inuse by xxx" i enter in the conversation and can hear the conversation of the persons already using the line.

I am facing such kind plz. help me to rectify.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

#122801 02/10/05 11:51 PM
JJ Offline
It sounds like the lines are set for Public.

Double cheek your programming.

Also if you do not want the lines to appear on all the phones. Makes sure all the phones have at least two intercom keys. Go into programming and make lines not appear at sets, but make sure they are set to ring at the sets you want to ring.
Also, make sure all the lines are in a group that you can use your access code (usually 9) to cal out with.

Good Luck!!

If all else fails, use a BFH.
#122802 02/11/05 12:56 AM
1. For the hold problem, you can use Feture hold, to keep that line on hold exclusively on your phone. As far as you picking up and getting a call when the light is not on, more than likely you just happened to pick it up right before the system was about to ring for an incoming call, nothing really you can do about that.

2. If you are indeed getting a line when you press a pool key, they must be programmed as pool not public so unless you have some devices like cordlesses or single line sets tied before the system, I'm stumped too as to how you may be picking up on a call in progress.

[This message has been edited by JOHNYREB (edited February 11, 2005).]

#122803 02/11/05 06:59 AM
I had a customer complaining of the same problem. When I started troubleshooting, I found that one of the PSTN lines was actually connected to two line ports on the KSU. (Another vendor had installed this switch.) I disconnected the "extra" connection, and everything worked fine.

------------------
BCM Guy
www.BCMguy.com
Learn more about the Nortel Networks Business Communications Manager HERE !

Marty Beutler
Follow me on my quest to webify all of us at Webify.Us
--> Providing Business Relevance for Web 2.0 Technologies
#122804 02/11/05 04:08 PM
Farhan Offline OP
OP Offline
Atually All lines are public in hold case and even i put these lines in pool and make appear to extensions still there is same picking problum means when the line is on hold every one (have appear facility on sets)can pick the line.also i made an observation on CICS there was no such problum in CICS as when we hold a line it says on other set "HOLD by xxx".

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Farhan:
Hi All,
i am facing a privacy problum in norstar MICS system.One thing in mind that Privacy is on on all lines.
1- when i make a call and hold the call it blinks on all the sets and all the users can access that and can release the call i donot want that.
2- sometimes there is no blink on line button but when i press the button an incomming call on that line is picked up or if i press a pool code and instead of displaying "inuse by xxx" i enter in the conversation and can hear the conversation of the persons already using the line.

I am facing such kind plz. help me to rectify.
</font>

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,656 Shoretel
189,545 CTX100 install
187,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024