web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Have a customer who is using the local phone companys voice mail on their lines , His system is a CICS 4.1 question , how do I program his sets to indicate there is a message for them ,I am working through a remote off a DMS. at present Worble d.t. tells us there is a message ,they would like a visual. thanks.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

What you will need is caller ID trunk cards in the KSU. Then you can program under Terminal & Sets at Telco features. It should be straight forward from there.

Admin
Online Happy
Admin
You shouldn't even need CID cards - I'm sure I've done it with regular DS cards. Go to "Telco Features" under terminals and sets and turn on the external voicemail option for the line in question (the line has to be assigned to the set). Also set up the message center telephone number under the main heading "Telco Features."

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply fellas ,I have CLID trk card in system and I have extl VMsg set to yes ,but I don't get a visual message in the display ,the caller ID works fine on the first ring it is showing in the display, it's been awhile but I thought that some central offices gave you an either or choice ,,visual or worbel dt ,its a software situation with the telco co. thanks. I have to go back tue and try again.

Admin
Online Happy
Admin
Well I'm working with the same Telco as you, and I've never had to request anything other than the stuttered dial tone for message notification. The sites where I have this working get both the stuttered dial tone and the display on the Norstar - "Message for You" with the option of "Call" underneath on one of the softkeys (7310, 7316, 7324)

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
I'm not sure about Canada, but here in the the U.S. you do need a CLID card and you will need to program the message center number in Telco features. This way when the message notification is sent by the Telco V.M. via the message center number the Norstar recognizes this and activates the message indicator.

OP Offline
Thanks guys tomorrow is d-day I will be back on site , Have been pre testing in my shop but only have a DS card in my system and my central office is a # 5 switch EAX and it won't work.. with all the info you have given ,,will leave feed back tomorrow nite ,thanks

OP Offline
All systems up and running ,,Customer had given me his former message center number ,thanks for the help everyone, cheers

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Curlycord, Yoda, Toner), 143 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024