web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Jordan Offline OP
OP Offline
We just update our Nortel Meridian system that was installed in 1996 to PRI service so the software was updated to 6.1. Also the voice mail was updated to 4.1.

Since the upgrade every few weeks one phone or another will have just the number "1" on the display all the time. Usually it is the time or "Messages for you" that is displayed.

Unplugging and plugging the phone does not fix it. I have to get another phone, plug that one in and wait for the phone to come on line, then plug the old one back in again. I always use the same model phone for the temporary swap so I don't mess up the programmed buttons for the extension.

This has happened to 5 different phone in the past 3 months. None of them have done it twice so far. Some were 7208 phones and some were 7310 phones.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

I've heard of this problem a few times
and I believe it was a call park issue.
I also remember it having something to do with a particular version of 6.1
If you do a search on the number "1"
or "call park" you may find your answer.

Beer, sure I'll try one
I checked another technical site and borrowed this. So, unless your software has MR on the end of the software version it could be you have a buggy software

ITAS SRN – 026 NA EXCERPTS only
August, 2004

Norstar MICS 6.1 MR wi 6.10 and CICS 6.1 MR wi 6.10 were released to the installed base in August 2004 as a maintenance release. SRN 02x replaces SRN 024 (MICS/CICS 6.1 MR wi6.05). This new release incorporates several fixes to the core software. A replacement process is in place and described below.

Issues resolved in MICS 6.1 MR wi 6.10
A frozen set display and subsequent failure of parking calls (F74) and retrieving parked calls can occur when picking up the handset during dialling of a number starting with the Park Prefix. A scenario where T1 E&M channels were locking up. A supervisor silent monitoring a hunt group call performs ‘join’, ‘leave’ and then ‘exit’ functions but remains connected to the call. Callers transferring through CAA (Centralized Auto Attendant) on NVM to the remote site get ‘dead air’ or an incorrect mailbox. PRI calls tandeming through the KSU via the ‘Auto’ DN’ or ‘DISA’ DN do not get completed when the caller paused during the dialling of the outgoing call.

Issues resolved in CICS 6.1 MR wi 6.10
A frozen set display and subsequent failure of parking calls (F74) and retrieving parked calls can occur when picking up the handset during dialling of a number starting with the Park Prefix. A supervisor silent monitoring a hunt group call performs ‘join’, ‘leave’ and then ‘exit’ functions but remains connected to the call. Callers transferring through CAA (Centralized Auto Attendant) on NVM to the remote site get ‘dead air’ or an incorrect mailbox.

Beer, sure I'll try one
the only fix is to replace the version of software with the latest 6.1. When ever i order i make sure in my request they are sending the latest, since there are a lot of these out there that are still being sold from a "grey sales" standpoint.

~n

I think it's a little underhanded, to say the least, that there are vendors out there that are still selling these software releases even though they're probably fully aware that they have issues. Maybe whoever sold you this software should be posted in the hall of shame if they don't resolve this for you.

Beer, sure I'll try one
I believe there was a bug in one of the rel of 6.1

When someone dials a 1 and then hangs up the set will lock up.

Jordan Offline OP
OP Offline
That was it....

I just dialed 1 then hung up the receiver (Not by pressing Rel) and the set now has a 1 stuck on it.

Well at least now I know what is causing the problem. What release should I have and how do I find out which one I have.

I thought the version number would be under Maintainance -> System Version but this says:

"SP: 30CQG05 NAT"

Is this correct?

Jordan Offline OP
OP Offline
Never mind.

I would rather not have the clowns that did this update back especially to do more updating or programming. I figured out that I can just do a "Feature *0" for a button inquiry and check a button and this clears up the display.

"SP: 30CQG10 NAT" is proper SW Ver.

Does anybody know the part numbers for the MR software, I really need the part number for the XC version of 6.1 MR.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,401 Shoretel
189,153 CTX100 install
187,423 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024