Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
CPU, what part of the midwest are you in?

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

OP Offline
I am located in the suburbs of Chicago and have still found no solution for my problem.

A few weeks ago I was forced to recreate my CCR tree and since then the VOICE MAIL LENGTH available has been cut down to 3 minutes. I beieve it used to be 5 or 8.

Can I change this CLASS OF SERVICE and extend the available VOICEMAIL LENGTH through the handset? I've been told I can change the avaiable VM length per mailbox.

There is no ethernet availble to the system and we've never had to connect directly to the system via serial to change the VM length. How could the available voice mail length available have changed?

Thank you all very much for your consideration.

Nortel Norstar Meridian
Norstar Voicemail 3.0

You need to go into Feature 983 and change the COS for each mailbox, however, recreating your CCR would not have affected this setting. There is a table in the manual that shows the time settings of each COS, you may want to check that out to see which one will work best for you.

OP Offline
Ok, so how might I go about changing the COS for each mailbox? There is a table in the manual that shows time settings of each COS, but no instructions as to how to go about modifying it. I apologize for my ignorant requests.

Not to be disrespectfull, but have you ever worked on any Nortel system before? If you are a consultant, electrician or computer guy, acting as a phone guy. Maybe take some time to go to a course on Nortel or even pay a Nortel company to show you how to log into a voicemail. If you have the manual, look into changing mailboxes and it shows right there how to change the class of service.

Two girls later and I'm back.....lol...been gone a while but see same faces still here. Lol
OP Offline
Actually, that was completely disrespectful. Why do you bother with these forums if you are just going to type garbage instead of useful information. It probably would have taken you less time to provide me with an honest answer. Another useless shmuck from Calgary. Thanks for your hot air.

cpu>>do what roldan said. f983 then when you see the log type in the required code to get into the vm admin. changing the cos of the mailboxes has nothing to do with your ccr tree.

Admin
Admin
Originally posted by CPU Rx, Inc.:
Actually, that was completely disrespectful. Why do you bother with these forums if you are just going to type garbage instead of useful information. It probably would have taken you less time to provide me with an honest answer. Another useless shmuck from Calgary. Thanks for your hot air.
Actually he did provide you an honest answer. This thread shows you have limited if any exposure to this product line. Calling him a shmuck is a violation of TOS and will probably not endear you to many legitimate installers. The purpose of the board is to assist endusers with enduser info..stuff found in the user guides. It will also assist installers who are familiar with the systems a little extra help. Not tech 101. Good luck.

[Linked Image]
All my point was that everyone in this thread has made an effort to give you some help. It seems as though you are reading none of it.

Two girls later and I'm back.....lol...been gone a while but see same faces still here. Lol
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
To CPU RX, Inc...

Just curious as to your specialty. I see by your 1st post it was a "End-User" type question for Panasonic, then your 2nd was again this "End-User" type question with Nortel equipment.

Your profile states "consultant", user name indicates a CG.

This forum is not like the other forums and I'm damn glad about it. This forum gladly helps out "End-User" questions to "End-User" personnel who can't understand their User Guides. Some are definately hard to understand. We'll point them in the right direction so to speak.

Technical Q&A's are reserved for the genuine installers for their equipment, or the odd time that we have to work on a system that we're not too familiar with.

If you're looking for passwords or info that would normally be found in an installers manual, then I suggest buying a manual from a link above, change forums, or at the very least get out a golden screwdriver and make the necessary adjustments to the attitude.

We, the professional installers here, put up with attitude all day, but we're paid for that. Here we are not, and definately don't put up with name calling except in jest.

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,384 Shoretel
189,092 CTX100 install
187,414 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 137 guests, and 349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024