web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
If you have access to a 'digit grabber' you can connect it to the output side of the ATA and see if is sending out the correct tones for the digits pressed.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Dave have you tried a different analog phone (butt set). Just to determine if the problem is with the ATA or the cordless.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
OP Offline
What I originally installed was an ATA-AC, then with this problem, I changed it to an ATA2, just in case. I also connecvted by bttset in lieu of the C/L...same results.

I've haven't been back yet on site to check with the buttset in line with the C/L...will do that this week & also swap out the c/l for a 2500 set.

Don't have a digit grabber, but have been thinking of getting one...so maybe.

However, I doubt that is the problem, as I can dial with my buttset and the c/l just fine in other operations.

Has anyone ever tried this or am I the 1st to try & use an anolgue phone for the door opener?

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
MY BAD---The 'output' side of the ATA in this instance would be the digital port jack---a 'digit grabber' would do you no good there :bang:BTW---is this a Norstar doorphone?

OP Offline
Yes it is, both the door phone & the controller.

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave,
Have you try to communicate with VM w/that SL? Remember old TIE systems? Some of them didn't have true DTMF and couldn't comminicate w/Voice Mail systems. Is this some $10 phone? from 99c shop.

Vad you have to read the posts! He's already told us no V/M and he has tried his buttset in lieu of the cordless so it's not the cordless.

He can hear tones coming out of the door speaker when he pushes the "9" on his buttset wired through the ATA. It's almost like the door phone doesn't like the tone it's getting from the ATA. He's even tried another ATA.

Another test; unplug the ATA and using the exact same cord, plug in a digital set and try it to make sure the port is working okay.

And; call into the system from your cell phone, answer it from a station set and transfer the call to the door phone DN. Now try pushing "6" from your cell phone to see if you can release the door. If you can't, it would appear that Nortel door phones only like digital station tones.

TP,
I meant calling into somebodies VM not internal.

OP Offline
Today's Update....

Vad60....Called into another client's VM with the CordLess and Xfer's around within no problem.

Twisted Pair....Tried the buttset in line & like B/4, I can hear the tones, but that's it. Swapped out the c/l for a 2500...no go. Tried it like you said with the same cord attached to a digital set, and no problem. The only thing I couldn't do, was call in with my cell & Xfer. No lines are assigned to that ext as per the instructions. Because they only have the one line and it was kind of busy this am, I didn't bother assigning the line & trying. I might stop in tomorrow pm after another job. The secretary will be gone and I'll play some more.

It appears though that it'll only take the tones from a digital set. Guess I'll have to find a used 7410 or 7406 for them.

Heard today from the board's electrian that another school is thinking about this so I'd really like to find a workable solution & stay within budgets.

Dave

I have always had the door phone ring a HG dn, put desired ringing sets as members.

If im not mistaken the door phone programs like a 7208, that being said, digital sets do not produce DTMF on icm calls. Which indirectly means that the door switch is looking for something other than DTMF tones to activate.

You might try using a third party solution from Viking.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,903 Shoretel
189,998 CTX100 install
188,225 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 58 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024