Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
blooney Offline OP
OP Offline
No. None of the above. We are doing it because (unless I am doing something totally wrong), the analog phone can only receive one call per extension. I guess you all are saying that is not the case, and I
can receive more than one call on an analog phone. I've never been able to figure it out. Apparently, the way you are talking it is trivial to do this. I'll give you the info one the setup for that station, and you can tell me what I need to do to get it to receive more than one call per line. Notice that the reason we went with a regular cordless telephone was to have a portable phone without the expense of a nortel cordless (around $600 when I priced them last fall). Ok here's my setup( I'm not sure all that matters, but I 'll give you what I think does):
Extension 277 and 278 are attached to an ASM that is part of Nortel MICS (6.?). 277 is programmed as follows:
Line assignment- Line 204 (the did)
Line Pool Access- PRI-A :Y
Prime Line: I/C
Intercom Keys: 2
Fwd No Answer: 261
Fwd Delay: 4
Fwd on Busy: 278
DND on busy: N
HandsFree: None

ATA Settings:
ans timer: 7
ata use: on site
msg indicate: tone
Ata dvc: telephone

Any help would be appreciated.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
From what I understand, you are using a 2-Line cordless phone attached to 2 ports on the ASM.

If this is the case are you sure the cordless phones works for both lines? Maybe Line 2 of this phone is defective. Try setting up two other regular analogue phones to the same connections & try that. If it works, junk the cordless & buy a new one.

If it's the same, what are the settings on ext 278? Check to see that those haven't been changed, especially if there's CF programmed for THAT extension.

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
What is the reason to have 2 Icms on Analog phone? Is it beeping in your ear if second call comes in? Probably not it is going to second phone on busy because Norstar doesn't have call waiting capability. But in case it beeps you on the second call just press Flash and you will get another call. I've never used 2 lines S/L phones on two ASM's ports and maybe second Icm. will let you pick up second call. That is why you might have problem with FB to each other.

Am I understanding that you want 277 to ring in on line 1 of the cordless and roll over when busy to 278 on line 2 of the cordless? Shouldn't the analog station be set up to have 1 intercom and the DND on busy set to yes?

Kevhawk,
I think if you turn on DND on busy then it will go to your personal MB regarding CFB but 1 ICM. is proper way to set it up otherwise it wouldn't see busy untill CFNA number of rings.

blooney Offline OP
OP Offline
Kevhawk, Yes, I want it to roll over from 277 to 278 if 277 is busy. If 278 is busy it rolls over to the main office line (261). The intercoms set 2 is just there because that was the default and I didn't think it mattered for an analog phone. But I will try setting it to 1. Here's the setup for 278:
Line assignment- None
Line Pool Access- PRI-A :Y
Prime Line: I/C
Intercom Keys: 2
Fwd No Answer: 261
Fwd Delay: 4
Fwd on Busy: 261
DND on busy: N
HandsFree: None

ATA Settings:
ans timer: 7
ata use: off site (oops! is this the problem?, I changed it)
msg indicate: none (changed to tone)
Ata dvc: modem (oops! is this the problem, changed to telephone)

By the way, how else would somebody solve this problem? The phone needs to be portable. We don't
want to nearly $600 for a phone, and this phone gets more calls than any other. It needs to have at least 2 lines available.(and it seems like the nortel asm do not have call waiting).

Why is it so importent to have S/L telephone to accept 2 calls instead of going to VM or go to another phone on Busy? I don't think that 2 line cordless much cheaper than 7208 or 7100 or cordless is a MUST?

blooney Offline OP
OP Offline
Cordless is a MUST for the manager. In other situations similar to this, we put in a cordless and a 7208 to handle overflow calls, but the manager would not go for this set up (too many private calls by employees).

Blooney,
I would agree that this is probably the best and the cheapest solution. Just make sure you have only 1 intercom for each.

blooney Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all the help. We'll set it intercoms to
1 and give a try

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,595 Shoretel
189,481 CTX100 install
187,631 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 152 guests, and 328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024