web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
Using BCM 400 with 4.0, Reporting for Contact Center (RCC) and ipView.

In RCC in Wallboard assignment, I have assigned a couple of pc's on our network to receive the ipView wallboard data. Each pc has the ipView software loaded on it. The one on my pc works fine. I see the parameters with numbers after them indicating the nuber of agents/calls, etc.

Another pc shows the wallboard with the parameters, but no numbers listed. It worked the first day, but now I can't gete any data to appear. It's like there is no connectionto the RCC computer. I am able to ping the RCC computer by name and ip from the pc in question.

Thanks for any ideas.
Jim

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

is it a keycode problem as in you only have 1 seat

Have you ensured in the Wallboard setup that the IP address of the PC's using ipview have different port numbers set up, and the corresponding ports are set up when you set up the application on the PC's.

Each softboard increments the port numbers by one. ie, 3500, 3501, 3502 etc

Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't think it's a keycode issue. We should be able to have multiple wallboards. After a certain number we have to "echo" the wallboard from an existing one. We're only trying to use two, plus one on the RCC computer.

I didn't know the port number had to be incremented by one for each instance. I did that on the RCC, but I don't see where there is anywhere to configure this on the client install.

Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
I just tried something, . . . and it worked!

I had been using the computer name in the wallboard setup screen. I changed to the computer's ip address, and also changed the port number back to 3500, and the numbers instantly appeared!

But since we use dhcp on the network, I wonder if there's a dns setting in the bcm I could use.

Jim

Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, I found the dns setting in the bcm, so we'll see how that works.

Jim

Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, I thought I had it figured out, but . . .
My wallboard seemed to work ok, and the 2nd wallboard seemed ok at first. Yesterday she tells me it hasn't updated all day. Mine has been updating. This morning I changed the configuration on mine to use my ip address, not computer name. Nothing appeared. I changed it back, and still nothing. So now both of our wallboards are useless. If I do a Real Time report, that is current and shows data changing dynamically. So it appears like the wallboard software isn't connecting to the contact center pc.

I looked back into my dns settings in the bcm and I'm not sure if that is the place to fix this or not. I think it might be for ip phones, etc. Anyway, I seem to be back to square one. It worked so good for a short time. Any suggestions?

(I should call the wallboard a "softboard" to use the proper terms, as it is all on our pc's.

Thanks!
Jim

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 208 guests, and 238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024