web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#134721 08/05/07 09:20 AM
OP Offline
I am installing a MICS with 7.0. I am trying to get DID calls to extensions to call forward to thiert call phone. I have done this many times with Loop start lines and T1, but I have no luck when using a PRI. I have had this same problem many times but I have nec\ver gotten a solution./

When I do either a F4 or a F84, the ut come is the same. I get a single ring on the extension and then it trys to forward but the caller only gets a tone and then a fast busy like it is erroring out.

The funny thing ios, the Call FWD to the cell phone works if it is a1 internal call to the extension.. I need help!!!

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
I had the same problem before. I could set up the call forward on one system with PRI, but not on another.

Apparently, when using a PRI, the Call Forward or Line Redirect is considered a trunk-to-trunk transfer, which must be supported by the carrier. Perhaps your carrier is not supporting that feature.

You have to have a routing table and destination code set up (like 9 any) and have allow redirect enabled. Then it should work. Feature 4, 9, plus the number to forward to.

OP Offline
It does redirect on internal calls, that is why I think it has to do with the Carrier like nfcphoneman suggest.

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
I had the same thing once. Wish I had a better memory. But what I can remember is this: It accessed the line like it was forwarding but then never completed. All I can remember is it had to do with the outgoing caller ID. I think it was either sending the number of who called back out BUT more so I think it had to do with the caller ID of the phone doing the forwarding. I wish I could remember exactly. It was one of those, try everything under the sun, and when it finally worked, it was after hours and the customer was locking the doors. So I forgot to make notes. Sorry. Just take a look at what number is being sent out. Maybe OLI.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Kevhawk13 has it right. You need a separate outbound route and destination code in order to transfer PRI off site. Remember, this is a trunk to trunk transfer, not a centrex type transfer, so two PRI channels are used during the call.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, curtonpond, Curlycord), 77 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024