Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#136290 12/05/07 11:15 AM
OP Offline
Hi all,

I have very basic knowledge of the system, but what I have learned so far has just been by playing around with it. I need to set up a hunt group, which I have done and added in 4 dn's, to answer after 4 rings, and on a sequential basis. The problem is it doesn't seem to work. When the receptionist is on a call, and a second call comes in it continues to ring on her phone without going onto the next extension in the group and I'm not sure why. Has anybody got any idea's as to why this could be happening? I have tried googling and looking at most of the forums on the net but to no avail. I cannot find any information on this particular problem. Any help you could give would be gratefully received. Many thanks in advance.

Simon

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

#136291 12/05/07 12:58 PM
OP Offline
Further to my point raised above; the receptionists dn is 2921. This is also the first dn in the hunt grp, i then have a further 3 dn's, but as mentioned before despite being on sequential a second call will not go the next person in the hunt group, but will stay on the receptionists number - really confusing. Thx

#136292 12/05/07 04:32 PM
Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
I hate hunt groups, they never do what you want them to do - so I am not an expert on those. But to try to answer (and others will tell you if I am wrong):
Do you have the lines ringing on any of the hunt group phones? I think they should not be ringing.
Do you have the lines ringing into the hunt group DN. From your post it sounds like you have just assigned DN's to your hunt group - no lines.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
#136293 12/05/07 09:09 PM
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply - I have to say I don't really know the answer to that one or how I can find out. Are you saying that the hunt group itself has to have a seperate dn from the receptionists dn, although the call would caome into her first? If so how would I set this up?

Thanks

#136294 12/06/07 01:12 AM
themowgli welcome

While I admire your spirit "playing around" with a BCM can be a dangerous thing for your company.

Hunt groups are an entity onto themselves. They don't follow the rules of normal DNs. Yes they have a pilot DN and calls are routed to the hunt group by way of the DN. The phones in the hunt group are members.

To give you a full tutoral on hunt groups would take all day. I suggest you contact your vendor (or an installer in your area from the link at the top of the page), stand over his/her shoulder, watch and ask questions. Or if you seriously want to learn the BCM take the course, it's usually done over 5 days.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
#136295 12/06/07 03:01 AM
OP Offline
Hi TeleMarv,

Thanks for the welcome. Fair enough - it looks like I will have to call a vendor to help out, as I don't really even understand your reply. Well I do, but I'm not sure how I would set up a pilot DN, and then how I would route calls to the hunt group. I've set the group up with the required members but am obviously too many steps away to complete it on my own without getting somebody else in. Thanks for your assistance anyway guy's.

#136296 12/06/07 08:15 AM
Please stick around, read the posts and feel free to ask any user level questions such as feature codes and how to use them.

Since this open forum is searchable by search engines, it is board policy that installer level programming questions are answered from a what to do perspective rather than how to. "How to" in the wrong hands can compromise security of a telephone system and render it inoperable.

Again welcome aboard.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,700 Shoretel
189,731 CTX100 install
187,909 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, newtecky), 92 guests, and 326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024