web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
As this topic is Nortel specific. I have relocated it to the proper category. Rudy has been notified. :thumb:

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Think its possible the Norstar line will be sold off - say to Aastra - like the single line/2 line phone products were?

~ Marty

Sometimes there ARE ghosts in the machine. I use MSN Live, ask me for the addy if you want.

Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

http://www.vernontelecom.com
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Originally posted by Rudy6897:
the other quote using a new MICS 8x32 w/4.1 Software and the same StarTalk setup.
New system with 4.1 software? Are they saying the StarTalk is new?

If you have 14 phones you don't have enough room to add 2 phones AND voice mail.
the other quote using a new MICS 8x32 w/4.1 Software and the same StarTalk setup
This is not NEW. MICS 7.1 with a Call Pilot would be new.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
I upgraded my vm to cp 5.0 and cs1000m in November and January respectively.

I would be surprised if Nortel went away but not suprised of how stupid I would look for upgrading.

I took my best guess early on.
I think it was the right choice.

CCNA
CCNA Voice
MCSE W2K3
Security +
CS1000 5.5
Toshiba
Comdial
Avaya
Mitel
Norstar
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Just won a bid against a Nortel. The reason the customer gave me is because Nortel may not be around long. This is what Nortel is up against.
This is tough to over come for people selling Nortel.

Originally posted by hitechcomm:
Just won a bid against a Nortel. The reason the customer gave me is because Nortel may not be around long. This is what Nortel is up against.
This is tough to over come for people selling Nortel.
A bad salesman will try to use anyway weapon they can to get a sale, including putting the fear in a customer about the viability of a manufacturer or installing company.

A good salesmen will sell his/her product on merit of the product and their ability to service; not by bad mouthing the competion.

A smart consumer won't listen to the rhetoric and buy the best product for their needs.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
I respect Nortel for doing what they had to do to apply the brakes back in January. I believe that after restructuring, Nortel will emerge stronger and better positioned than before.

Just a couple of sidenotes-

I once heard rumors that Nortel switches were in a basement adjacent to the World Trade Center. During the attacks on September 11th 2001, concrete walls caved in on the cabinets and racks, toppled them over and half burried them with rubble, yet they were STILL processing calls.

As far as from the Government side: As recent as this past April, Nortel's Optical Multiservice Edge 6500 was the first 40G optical platform to achieve approval for the "DISA/JITC" (Defense Information Systems Agency / Joint Interoperability Test Command) Approved Product List.

My first post here..
I agree with Vernon Telecom above.. I'd think that Nortel is in okay shape but they need to address some new technologies.
The name 'Nortel' could go a long way towards helping other Canadian Telecom companies like Sangoma or Aastra. Both make fine products but don't have the penetration.

If they could somehow merge and make a next-gen IP based system that has the market reach that the current Nortel systems have.. it would be KICK AS$! IMHO of course..

Edited to remove marketing.

like Sangoma or Aastra
Maybe with that new SIP system from Nortel.

Done selling houses? back into telecom? addictive yes.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,773
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,469 Shoretel
188,336 CTX100 install
187,097 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (hbiss, justbill), 161 guests, and 182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024