Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#144823 10/14/09 08:42 AM
jp1525 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

I have an Option 11C at a medical clinic. When the nurse at ext. 6634 goes on break she forwards her phone to ext. 6501. This works fine but yesterday they had a gentleman call in with chest pains and it rang 4 times and went to the vm box for ext. 6634.(The nurse did not retrieve the msg until she returned 45 minutes later) Normally this would be fine but they don't want people to be able to leave vm messages when a nurses phone is forwarded to another Ext. Is it possible to extend the rings before vm kicks in or not have a specific extension go to vm when forwarded to another Ext?

If so how can I do this?
Thanks

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Is the x6501 phone programmed with CLS=FNA? What might have happened is that 6501 was not answered in time, so it rolled to voice mail, but to the 6634 VM because that's where it originally came in. To prevent a roll to VM, program another DN as a back line on several phones (with ringing) and manually forward calls to that DN. If a DN is not prime anywhere, FNA does not act on that DN; it will sit there and ring until it gets answered. You might also set up a 500 set with that DN, CLS=FND, and hang a loud bell off the 500 port.

jp1525 Offline OP
OP Offline
I looked at the TN that is the MARP for Ext. 6501 the extension that is being forwarded TO. There is no FDN and in Class of Service it is FND. What is allowing the call to forward then? Is it following the # of rings from the forwarded extension?

Thanks

Is 6501 the prime DN on the MARP TN, and is MARP enabled in LD 15? Maybe 6634 was busy that one time and the call hunted to a back line or another set with FNA, then rolled to VM. Also, if MARP is not enabled, and a DN is prime on more than one set, hunt and forward is controlled by the set with the lowest TN. I'll have to set this up on my Opt11 and see how it works.

Admin
Admin
I think you'll find if MARP is not enabled the hunt and forward are controlled by the TN with the letter "H" after the TN print in LD 22/20.

[Linked Image]
I read this in the NTP books and did it with my PBX. If a phone is forwarded to a prime DN on a FND set, the call will follow the forwarding rules of the forwarded DN.

Now it is possible to extend the number of rings before CFNA, but this will be for all calls to the phone, all the time. In the Redirection block of LD 15, set a CFNA option for a large number of rings (up to 15). On the TN of the set doing the call forward, set the RCO to the option defined in LD 15.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,348 Shoretel
188,998 CTX100 install
187,389 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ashley), 144 guests, and 407 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024