web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
itguyjc Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a MICS 6.1 phone system which was recently upgraded to support a PRI card. We have DID#s assigned to each extension. Calls received are passed on to a target line which has a call appearance tied to a particular Station ID. Everything works great for incoming calls, it’s just that they do not forward to VM after the set number of rings. A call forwards just fine via the old method of dialing the main number and then an extension, but dialing that extension directly does not pass the call through to VM. We are using a Call Pilot 150. Any suggestions on what to look for?

That's No moon, its a space station!
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

I think you mean calls to the Target line (not ext) do not go to vmail....try deteing a target line, exit from programming, go back and rebuild it and if it works do the rest.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

itguyjc Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry, I am not completely familiar with this phone system yet. I had an installer do the PRI upgrade. Before, we were using POTS lines for the phone system. From what I can tell from programming I have an extension 406 which under "Terminals$Sets" programming is setup for "Appr & Ring" with Line 188. Under "Line" programming Target Line 188 is set "Private to: 406" and "rec'd #:8641685" and "If busy: to Prime" and the "PrimeSet:406". I want target line 188 to ring 406's VM after the set number of rings. How do I do this? What am I missing?

Look under Capability to make sure Ext.406 is Forwarded to VM Pilot extension(F985)fot No Answer condition.

itguyjc Offline OP
OP Offline
Vad60, thanks allot! Strangely enough, that did it. I don't know why this wasn't already setup by the installer. It's also weird that any calls dialed through our main number and then to an extension # went to VM, but DID calls did not. Anyway, I guess this had never been setup. Neither the Unanswered calls or busy calls were setup to forward to VM pilot extension. They were both setup to FWD to "None". I will need to go through and setup all the other extensions for this as well. Thanks again.

My guess...
There is a way to forward sets to vmail without using the FNA setting on POTs lines by DRT setting to vmail port. This is done when a customer calls upon a tech for some fancy programming that wont effect other programming.

This does not apply to PRI and why you had the issue.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

itguyjc Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the explanation Curlycord. This forum is a great resource for me as an IT Manager, especially when phone system programming is only one small facet of my job. I currently do programming for 3 different brand phone systems and the programming terminology is slightly different for each one which get's kind of tricky sometimes. Thanks again everyone!

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 115 guests, and 232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024