web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
A brief history: Customer had pre-owned CS1000 with PRI card and one Station card installed plus Call Pilot 150
I installed equipment 12 days ago, I put 2 POTS lines in as Line 31(1) and Line 32 (2). Turned on line supervision, setup first 7 extensions on block which were 800,801,802, 803,804,816 and 820, but not necessarily in that order on the block. . The 2 lines were not in hunt. Everything worked fine for 11 days.
Customer ordered 2 more lines and put all 4 Pots lines in Hunt Group. Yesterday I installed Lines 33(3)and Line 34 (4)
Now when first line is busy calls will come in and hunt to either line 2 or line 3 if first 2 lines are busy. Sometimes intermittently you can see Line 4 light up and somehow be externally forwarded to a previous system owner's employees home in Dallas. We are in San Diego, CA. I called in to test and after hearing sounds like someone answered eventually I was talking to the guy in Dallas. All ext. redirect are turned off. Please help!! thank you I think previous customer had DID lines

Telesystems technician
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

What route are you using? I assume you have 4 members built into it. Did you remove the PRI route, not that it would really matter here, just a best practise. All sets are programmed the same? What type of sets are you using? How are you programming the lines, onto the sets?

Two girls later and I'm back.....lol...been gone a while but see same faces still here. Lol
OP Offline
7316 sets all have appearance and ring, most have 4 line buttons programmed, I may have left out one phone with L4 button.

I do not understand your route question. I do not know if I removed PRI route. How would that be done?
Thanks

Telesystems technician
Admin
Admin
You're sure you have a CS1000?

[Linked Image]
Admin
Online Happy
Admin
Definitely NOT a CS1000. Must be a MICS - maybe LINE REDIRECT is turned on...

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
Ignore my comments.. I was assuming you had a CS1000 which you don't...... When you call in, is it Line 2 or 3 that triggers line 4 to call out. Or are you saying you call into Line 4 and it rings, then goes to the remote number? If you disconnect line 4 and call it does it ring?

Two girls later and I'm back.....lol...been gone a while but see same faces still here. Lol
OP Offline
Sorry system is a Norstar Plus Modular ICS. when Line 1 is busy call hunts to line 2. At the exact same time Line 4 is utilized to facilitate off site external transfer.

Telesystems technician
OP Offline
Sorry system is a Norstar Plus Modular ICS. When Line 1 is busy call hunts to line 2. At the exact same time Line 4 is utilized to facilitate off site external transfer.

Telesystems technician
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Were these both defaulted when you re-installed? If not, try disconnecting the Call Pilot and see what happens. If problem disappears all together (or not), you'll know the culprit. You could even connect SLT's on each line and test without both system & Call Pilot.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024