web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I am seeking advice regarding a configuration challenge with my TVS-50. I recently 'upgraded' from a TVS-75 to a TVS-50 following a failure of the 75's data storage. I have been successful implementing the system with KX-TD1232 phone system but have been unable to eliminate the standard greeting: 'Good morning (or afternoon, or evening) Welcome to the Voice Processing System' In reviewing the documentation it is clear that the TVS-50 does not support the Company Greeting feature (which might be an easy replacement.) I have tried recording replacement files in the appropriate User1 Prompt space (which are clearly documented as modifiable) but the system will not play those prompts - I can hear them when I am logged on as Message Manager and go back to the prompt maintenance function. I believe I have activated all necessary software switches but obviously there is something I am failing to do to activate User1 Prompts for the greeting messages... Ultimately I don't even want replacement prompts - given my choice I would eliminate the greetings entirely - perhaps by recording very short and quiet replacement prompts. Any ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

When you record over a prompt you have to assign that to user 1 or user2.
If none of the prompts have been changed then user 1 or 2 will use the default or "system" prompt.
I would leave it on system for all prompts.
What you want is to put a greeting in custom #1,
this will be your main greeting.
what kind of application is this system in?
You can also turn off any of the prompts.
Change all the prompts back to System and put a greeting in custom #1 and we'll go from there.

[This message has been edited by MrGemini (edited June 17, 2004).]

OP Offline
Thank you very much for your reply - unfortunately the problem is that the TVS50 does not support a Company Greeting and the Custom Service Greeting #1 is in use and follows the system greeting directly - hence my desire to eliminate the system greeting.

It is certainly possible that I am being dense here but I believe the custom greeting you are suggesting I modify is in fact the Company Greeting - I am already using the Custom Service Greeting but it does not disable the system greeting 'Good evening welcome to the voice processing system' which is the greeting I need to stop. - any thoughts? Am I simply being dense (and if so, where would you suggest I look to correct the error?)
Thanks again.

OP Offline
To completely answer your questions:
1) the application is residential
and
Yes,
I did find the feature which lets you turn off any prompt - but it appears to only allow me to turn off User Prompts not system prompts... If I am missing something here I would welcome the correct approach.

Put a split sec. of silence in the system greeting. As for the prompts turn off any that you don't want, do it on user 1 and assign user 1 to the A/A and custom messages.
what happened to the original installer?
All that you want to do is very simple but it sounds as though you may be in over your head.
May be time to call a certified Tech. and have him set it up the way you want it and explain
to you as he's doing it.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,318 CTX100 install
187,091 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
jsaad 2
Who's Online Now
2 members (Carl Navarro, nfcphoneman), 138 guests, and 350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024