web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
have a Bogen RM350D and I connected a rca to 1/8 mini adapter wire from the KX-TD816 into my Bogen RM350D. I bought the wire at Radio Shack. How do I know if its a 2 conductor wire? I have programmed the music on hold source as music01 thru my Panasonic KX-T7431 and its not playing the music on hold when I put callers on hold. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Program field 803 should default as sorce 1,
(the only one available on an 816) as on hold & BGM.
Disconnect the jack to the system and clip your but set on the tip and the sleeve and see if you can hear the music. Are you using the jack supplied with the system?
Do not use a stereo jack.

The Panasonics are picky about the proper orientation of the positive and negative leads from the Bogen.

Ok, I checked out the 350D
The MOH input to the TD816 has to come off the
Pre-page output of the 350D.
" A pre-page output lets you route tuner or auxiliary program to a telephone music-on-hold input. The output is not affected by volume, bass, or treble settings".
If your using the paging you will need a second cable from the page output of the TD 816 to XLR Mic. input of the 350D
Bogen suggests you also use their WMT1A line matching transformer.
The 600ohm side goes to the TD816.
DO NOT use the Aux. input for the page from the TD 816 or this will send your page over the MOH.
As for the 4 selectable page zones, that's only through switches on the 350D not from the TD816, that only has 1 Ext. page output.
How it's distributed is from the 350D
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] Not one of the better choices for this application.
You would have been better off with a small
TPU amp for paging and an On Hold Plus or Nel-Tech unit for music or message on hold.

[This message has been edited by MrGemini (edited March 03, 2005).]

OP Offline
"The MOH input to the TD816 has to come off the Pre-page output of the 350D"

I did that but its still not working. Do I need to install the WMT1A on the MOH too?

No, you shouldn't have to.
You have to be absolutely certain that your sorce, the Bogen unit, is at the jack going into the 816 MOH input. As I stated earlier, check this with your buttset. Even though it is a "line level" output you still should be able to hear it faintly.
The only programming involved is field 803.
Go into the system programming and make sure that field 803 shows a "1" and is not blank or shows "no use".
Unless someone got into the programming and was playing around I would think the problem is either your sorce or the connection.
Gem

also

chk that the scoket pluged into the moh on the kxtd is a mono jack ie(only 2 sections to the plug )not 3

OP Offline
Thanks! The 3.5 end plug had 1 section, which was why you could barely hear the BGM sound, and no MOH. Changed to a 2 section 3.5 plug and everything works great. Thanks!

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,328 CTX100 install
187,093 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 135 guests, and 281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024