Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
That's funny because after reading this original post, I tested it on our "bench" Panasonic KSU which happens to be a 61610 and the stutter dial tone comes through loud and clear. There's no delay in the CO line being siezed whatsoever; I watched the loop current with a meter.

I still think we have a case of abandonded long distance dialers somewhere on the lines creating fake dial tone that a seasoned tech might be able to detect with just their ear.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

so you have "Optminum Voice" and an identical iad pluged directly into your test system ? hardly
a true test. also mitel smart or teltronics dialers do no create there own dialtone out of the box and if they are set for precise tone you'd be able to hear it right away

Don't lose track of what was stated in the original post guys... he plugged an analog phone into a 616 jack and DID hear the vm flutter tones. So therefore it has something to do with the 616 proprietary phone setup...data pair..etc.

The tech's who came out never did try another KSU..
Do that and you'll have your vm stutter.

..Also,

I haven't dealt with cable-based VOIP..there could be some translation/compatiblity issues with that going through an electronic port vs an analog port through the ksu...and it's losing the stutter through that path somehow. Just a thought..excuse my ignorance.

My KX-T61610 KSU(with a circled "3" on the label, which I suppose meaning version 3?) is acting up (continuously ringing as if the door bell was activated) after a power outage. My wife swithed it off. When I switched it back on again, all red lights on the KX-T7030 phone hooked to Ext. 11 lit up and went out as the KSU made some light clicking sounds... I supposed this was fine as the standard initiation/checking procedures. But then the system seemed to be hung on the "Door 1" checking, i.e.,
(1) while the KX-T7030 displayed "Door 1" and "kept on" making three consecutive rings (which is the ring sequence for the door bell.... and I do have a KX-T30860D hooked up and connected to my door bell unit);
(2) the intercom green light would go flashing at the same time.

If I push the intercom button, the intercom green light and the SP-phone red light would both go steady.

If I then push the SP-phone button. the same process would repeat from step (1) again, but with "Door 2" displayed.

This would go in circles.

What was wrong with my KSU? It would be greatly appreciated if any expert would shed some light on this. Thanks.:-)

Unfortunatley, the power outage may have resulted in a power surge that may have damaged the system. Montgomery County is well-known for aging power systems as you probably know.

Your system is quite old by industry standards and it may be "that time". Fortunately, the KSU can be replaced with the most current version (the KX-TA824) and the existing phones will still be supported. I suppose that this will soften the blow if this is the case.

You might want to check the pins on the connector where the door phone adapter plugs in (near-center at the bottom of the KSU) and make sure that none of them are touching or that perhaps dust/cobwebs may have collected across them. A vacuuming of this slot may be all that's needed. PLEASE do this with the power shut off to the system for at least three minutes!

You also likely have a failing memory battery that can cause the system's programming to go "insane". Hopefully, the suggestions offered will resolve your issue. If not, we provide service to your area and can send a techician out if needed.

On another note: In the future, you should consider starting your own new post instead of tagging onto an existing thread. This will bring a higher level of priority to you post rather than the same one from weeks ago reoccuring.

Oh, and your conversion of your lines should not have any effect for something like this. It's clearly an issue with the KSU.

Lastly: welcome

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Hello Ed,

Thanks for the advices. It is great to have an expert close-by.
I will check the KSU as recommended. If problems persist, expect a call from me for your service.
----- Jerry

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,613 Shoretel
189,506 CTX100 install
187,769 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (jeffmoss26), 151 guests, and 340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024