web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#159714 08/07/07 05:50 AM
OP Offline
My company's phone system is pretty old. The phone model number is DBS 743E. The phone box where all the wires connect in is model number VB-43050. My question is, how do I change the call hold timer so the calls can stay on hold for longer before releasing back to the attendant phone? We do have a copy of the manual, but all it says in there is that the timer option is changed in the system programming. Would this be something I can do through the attedant phone? Or is it a lot more difficult than that? I understand that there are different timers for the different hold options, ie. system hold, extenstion hold, park hold, but I can't find anything that tells me exactly how to change the timers. Let me know if you need anymore information about out phone system.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#159715 08/07/07 03:25 PM
Originally posted by swalker25:
The box where all the wires connect in is model number VB-43050.

That's a DBS 72 cabinet

We do have a copy of the manual, but all it says in there is that the timer option is changed in the system programming.

Is it the Installation/programming manual?

Would this be something I can do through the attedant phone? Or is it a lot more difficult than that? I understand that there are different timers for the different hold options, ie. system hold, extenstion hold, park hold, but I can't find anything that tells me exactly how to change the timers.

It can be programmed from any display telephone. Step by step instructions are beyond the scope of what this forum was designed for. Also, the information you have requested is installer level programming. I can recommend a couple of options. You may call your local vendor and request a qualified technician to perform this service for you. Or, click the 'find an installer' tab at the top of this page and find someone in your area. The other option is to contact one of the moderators of this board and request assistance.

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
#159716 08/08/07 02:08 AM
look on page 42 of the 72 programing manual.

#159717 08/08/07 04:35 AM
OP Offline
Thank you all. I was able to find the programming manual from a link in a pm that somebody sent me. I guess the manual I have was just the operating manual and not the programming one. I can see why you would suggest that I have a qualified technician do this, as the programming manual is very long and a bit hard to understand. But, I was able to read the manual and figure out how to change the timers, so problem solved.

Thanks again for the quick replies.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,773
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,469 Shoretel
188,335 CTX100 install
187,097 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 174 guests, and 170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024