web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
My cell phone number has been integrated into an auto dialer system of some sort. A telemarketing company has purchased a "pre-paid" number from the same carrier as myself. I have had my number for 4 years. The number purchased by telemarketer was 6/12/2007 and the activity to my phone started 6/13/2007. Ironically, I received a "blocked call" on my cell phone 6/12/2007 @ 10:48 p.m.; the same day the pre-paid number was purchased. Carrier swears they do not see the pre-paid number forwarded to my number. On going battle with carrier. Although, when the telemarketing company makes their calls the telemarketer's number shows on the recipients caller ID's, when the recipients actually answer the call, a "pre-recorded" message comes on and then transfers the recipients to a "live agent", if they do not answer the call, it cuts off. When recipients call the number back from the caller ID (to see who called them), the calls come to me (not the number on caller ID) At one point, "my" number was showing up on their caller ID. Carrier "claimed" to have shut down the number although, calls continue. After claiming shut down the number went back to the telemarketing number showing on the recipients caller ID. It's not spoofing because, if it were, then it wouldn't matter what showed on the caller ID, the call would still have gone back to the telemarketer not me third party. When the telemarketer number is called (if you are not on the integrated list in their system) it goes straight to a recording, when carrier claimed to have shut the number down the recording changed. Main number is an 800 number, with multiple numbers attached to include number purchased on 6/12/2007 by telemarketer. It is very obvious I am tied into some kind of auto dialer. Have contacted very dependable voice engineers and this has literally stumped the IT industry. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It is possible that somebody from telemarketing Company setup a call forwarding by puting your number by mistake. You need to somehow find that company main number(not 800) and ask if anybody have a number that is almost like yours. maybe it is just a main line? But I am wondering how come they didn't find out that calls don't come on 800 number to their company!

OP Offline
Hi vad60. Thank you for responding! These are some of the obstacles I have been hurdling. This specific telemarketing company is producing an illegal SCAM. A bate and switch type of deal. In the beginning, I thought that was a possibility an accidental forward. Although, the number shouldn't be being used as an auto dialer anyway. If I went into the carriers store, purchased a pre-paid 30 day phone, and started the activity the number attached to mine has? From 6/12 – 6/19 the number had already affected 65,000 phones across the United States. It would have been shut down the day one person called and complained. The crazy thing is, the number has been completely whipped out of carriers system. So, I am being told, it can't be tracked?! The number was purchased to be used as a phone, not call center routing tool. It’s just insane.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Moved here from Avaya forum.

Mike I fixed your typo.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Administrator
Administrator
Deleted 2nd copy of this post.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,314 CTX100 install
187,088 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
dexman 2
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, jkmartin), 157 guests, and 380 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024