web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a TDA100 v5.0 that will not show caller id info at the portable phones (DECT 155 & 76960) when the ps ring group is entered into an ICD group. The wired phones will show caller id and when I enter just the PS station number, it will show the CID info.
Problem is that I have 3 PS phones and need the PS ring group to work with the caller ID. I had this same problem with a TDA50 v4.0, but only had one Portable phone so I just left the extension in the ICD group.
Has anyone else encountered this and found a solution???

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
why can't you put in the 3 ps's in icd group?
I presume that the ps ring group shows the icd number when receiving a call through the icd group

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
If there's only one cell site, then you would want to put three PS's in a PS ring group, since there are only two channels.

If you have more then one CS then you should put their individual exts in an ICD group like OBT said.

As far as the CID, I always had it show up on PS's when they're in a PS ring group, I remember having problems with call waiting caller ID though.

Aaron
OP Offline
This is the second time that I have had this problem with Caller ID and the PS ring group. Panasonic recommends putting PS's into Ring groups and in this case, we need to. Any ideas about where to look, in programming, for a solution??
IN 3.9 PS Group is set to CallerID. 4.2.1 option 5 is set to caller ID name. and the group is part of an ICD group & set to immediate ring.
Just can't find the missing link??

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
This is a section taken from manual about what the ps is entered in a group and group no is called

When a PS joins a PS ring group, the following personal settings are disregarded:
a. When the PS ring group is called:
– Delayed Ringing
– Display information when the incoming calls arrive;
The settings (e.g., display priority) are disregarded.
– The setting which is assigned on the PS (e.g., FWD)
– The status of the PS (e.g., busy)
b. Log-in/log-out setting (from the PS ring group/from the incoming call distribution

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
OP Offline
SOLUTION: The caller ID wait time timer was set to 2 seconds and needed to be set to 4 seconds or greater. This corrected the CID to PS Ring Group issue. The shorter time allowed extensions to receive CID but was not enough time to send to PS group.

Good to know...

Aaron

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024