Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
tfseth Offline OP
OP Offline
Just a few questions.

1. The time is wrong on the phones. They are all right now 1 hour ahead. When DST hit this year, they were behind a hour. Did that last fall as well, they corrected after a week or so. I assume they corrected again this spring, I didn't check. Now, they moved an hour ahead. Is that set on the PBX (I assume so)? If so, can it be changed from the phones or do you have to have the console software?

2. I tried the walking extension feature with no luck. Pick up the handset, dial the code. But once I enter the extension number (I think it's right) and before I get to the phone PIN, I hear a busy signal. Am I doing something wrong or is this feature possibly disabled?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

1. Remember that the dates were changed for start and end time of daylight savings during the Bush era. Earlier versions of the TDA had the original start end dates. It sounds like someone may have edited the time on March 4th and then the system said on April 4, it's time to spring ahead. Yes, the time is edited on the pbx and can be changed from a phone depending on its cos. This is something you need to be aware of, or go into the maint console and edit the start end dates of dst.

2. Make sure that when you pick up the handset, you are on intercom and not an outside line.

tfseth Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, found some old cheat sheet in one of the manuals, changed the time. It worked. Seems to have changed all of them. Looks like someone tried to 'fix' it a month ago, not realizing the problems that would arise. I assumed it was related to the old DST dates, but I wasn't sure what they were.

Intercom lights up. Tried it again, picked up phone, *727, 111 and then busy signal.

we use *47 then the Extension Number then Pin(4 Digit) over here

1. make sure of your Class of Service
2. make sure you have set a pin for your extension.
and make sure of the use IE set your pin (2345)and your desk extension is 107

then go to another desk and type *7271072345 if it doesnt work try *471072345 (change to match your ext & pin,

peter

Just had a look at your post again and the difference between them is this

*727 = Move the handset information to the new location or until you do it again from your old position (Swap positions)walking Extension.

*47 = is move the extension for on call (Swap Position)walking Class of service

peter

tfseth Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, well what I am trying to do is move an extension. A coworker moved to a new location and I was attempting to get the extension in their new office. Right now they are using the extension that was in there.

tfseth Offline OP
OP Offline
and can you adjust the DST from a phone, or only the PBX?

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,806 Shoretel
188,967 CTX100 install
187,202 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 122 guests, and 187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024