web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have installed the TDA IPEXT16 in 6 TDA100/200 systems. In two of these systems the IP phones (both the NT265 & NT136) drop calls after 6-8 minutes. Its not at 10 minutes . It just varies. The regular KXT7633 & 7630 phones have no issues. Only the IP phones. Two separate customers unrelated having the same problem. We are NOT using VPN so Panasonic wont offer me much support. We have the DHCP enabled on the ip phones. We've changed IP cards, upgraded version on the EXT16. Also changed routers and or switch at both ends. I chose not to use VPN because quite frankly it seems more complicated and I am not a data guy.I'm a voice guy learning the data side. I havnt had any problems with 4 out 6 of these ip installs. Any ideas why calls just drop at these two sites? Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Do both sites have same provider ? What kind of bandwidth are you working with ?

ff

I don't know what ff means ?
To expand on my first post ,They don't or ever suggested hanging the equipment off a garden biz class dsl or roadrunner I have even heard tales that the intentionally block or interrupt traffic on voip ports. You need the vpn or mpls or pri to ensure qos !We have used edgewater gear and they have great tech support and gladly walk you through your first vpn install.

OP Offline
Hi , they are different providers. At one job site the provider where the TDA phone systemn is , uses Comcast . They have 4 IP users working out of their homes and are using various providers such as AT&T & Comcast.

The other job site using the TDA has Access One as the provider and they have 12 remote IP users ,again at home using various providers. Not sure of bandwidth .

OP Offline
Also expanding on previous.....One of the companies has a PRI that runs the PBX . The home users have DSL or various including Comcast.

The other company uses Comcast all business class.

For the VPN would I need the router from Edgewater gear at both ends , IP location and main building or just on one end? Thanks

at home plate and all locations were there are ip phones .

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,569 Shoretel
189,439 CTX100 install
187,602 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 111 guests, and 227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024