web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
sirmasa Offline OP
OP Offline
hello all forum members,
i have a panasonic KX-TD1232 (US domestic model). i would like to bring this unit to use it initaly since i already own it and know that it works. i understand that there is a european model, the KX-TD1232CE, but i am unclear on the differences and if those differences will make it impossible for my domestic model to work there.

the sticker on the bottom of the unit lists the power supply rating as 120v 60hz. does anyone know if this US unit can accept 50hz? more specifically, in italy, could i plug this unit into a 220v-110v step down transformer then plug the transformer into the wall (where power is 220v/50hz)?

someone also suggested that the ringer voltage in europe is around 60v whereas the ringer voltage in the US is 48v. is the difference in voltage something that could hurt the TD1232? my plan is to use US telephones as the extensions for this system, if that makes any difference.

many thanks in advance!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You can use a stepdown transformer as long as its wattage rating is 20 percent higher than the rating on the panasonic and voltage is converted to 60hz it should work fine on loop start co lines hook it up whats the worst thing that will happen you need ring caps on the lines or ring boosters btw it negative -48 volts dc line voltage and 90-105 50/60 volts ac ring voltage pretty much everywhere now
you also should be aware panasonics co loop current on your co lines need to be between 25-35 milliamps!
=

sirmasa Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks for the quick response!
so based on what you are saying, i would need at least a 200 watt step down transformer (for a +20% pad over the 140watts the unit claims it wants).

in terms of the ring voltage, is this something that i would need to plan ahead for? could i damage anything on the unit because of a ring voltage difference? if so, i'd be a little nervous about flying over with the unit and step down transformer, plug it in and have resistors (or whatever else) fry out. i'm really new to PBX systems and would love to be sure of what i've got and what i can do before i fly over to italy.

thanks!

https://www.expatsinitaly.com/node/109
read this its says that usa phones do not work in Italy if a 2500 set wont work on their network the td1232 wont so i'dd forget it and go through the proper chanels there since you dont know enough about pbx systems

you could order one of these
https://www.multitel.co.uk/italy.jpg
and ship it and a cheap radio shack phone over ahead of time to see if its true i am starting to believe that they will why would they make a 3 prong to rj11c if it didn't!

sirmasa Offline OP
OP Offline
good points. things that make me go "hmmm." i am looking into pricing on a similar unit (if not the same one) that is specific to the european market from vendors in italy. i would hate to end up paying a premium for a local system and then later find that the one i already own would have worked. (i have a whole shipment of office gear heading to italy, so shipping costs are minimal and import duties should be minimal seeing as the system really isn't worth much) though, i would hate to schlep this thing halfway across the globe just to plug it in and see it fizzle like a sparkler.

i do appreciate you help. it led me to call panasonic support, who in turn pointed me to a local dealer who has been looking more into this for me. i am seeing if they could possibly sell me the correct european model here in the states.

thanks again.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
I'm betting that by the time you pay import duties on the Euro system into the U.S. and THEN pay import duties into Italy (of course they'll charge duties, they're DESPERATE for $$$), you'll have as much, or more, tied up in it than buying it in Italy. And it will STILL just be in a box. And the tarriffs/laws in Italy will probably get you jailed if you DIY!

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Hey I agree with you L!That raises another thing about tarrifs that ksu has North American reg & ren numbers on it!

https://www.wint.it/com/

Contact these guys I will bet they have a used TD system!

sirmasa Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks for the link to wint.it, i just put in a request with them to see if they have any of these units for sale. again, thanks to all for the tips and insight.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (pvj), 163 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024