web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello all,
I was wondering what is the best way to have a call that comes into the pbx be routed to a user in a home office.

Here is what I tried but it did not work, I may be close or way off on this.

First about the system it is a digital 400 PBX, software is PCP DB6.05 with VM at 6.00D USA.

I have setup a system speed dial in group one at 998 that points to his home number 913052341234

Then in DID routing at his ext 1206 I have day and night routing going to S1:998

When I try to dial it from an outside line [my cell] I go to the receptionist after 3 or 4 rings.

There is no phone connected to the system, for this number. The person is never here in this location so he has no office or phone. It is porgrammed as an ext on an ELD card.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
ayb

------------------
welcome to mudville.

[This message has been edited by allyourbase (edited November 08, 2004).]

welcome to mudville.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Administrator
Administrator
What happens if you use the speeddial 998?
Do you have account codes?
In Class of Service what is the forward COR for this ext?
You may want to try pluging a phone in and ID it and forward all (Feat35 2 sp998)

------------------
ssimpson@oneringtelecom.com Need a Telrad Programmer Kit? Telrad Programmer Kits

OP Offline
Thanks for the response, here are answers to your qustions to the best of my knowledge, I am far from a phone guy so take them with that in mind.

spd dial 998 works fine it dials his home office.

Not sure about account codes as I don't quite know what they are. Where do I find them in programming?

COS forward COR is "A" I have no idea what this means, but all are set the same.

plug in a phone and forward all feat 35 2 sp998:
I did this and the phone now displays "forward all calls outside" and the DND is flashing.

When I try a call to the DID number[555-1206] for this person I still go to operator phone.

If I dial the company main number and then dial his ext I go to his internal VM.

Hope this helps let me know if I can give you more info.
Thanks
ayb

welcome to mudville.
Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
Just routed it to the speeddial bin in did routings. you don't have to send it to a virtual ext.

OP Offline
OK sorry if I am sounding a bit dense but isn't that what I did?

from my initial post:
===============
Here is what I tried but it did not work.

I have setup a system speed dial in group one at 998 that points to his home number 913052341234

Then in DID routing at his ext 1206 I have day and night routing going to S1:998
=====================

Is this not what you just suggested?

again sorry for my ignorance in phone systems.

ayb

welcome to mudville.
Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
yes

OP Offline
OK, so I did as you suggested but it still does not work.
Any other thoughts?
thanks
ayb

welcome to mudville.
Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
You'll have to send your *.cfg to me. That should work. Maybe the DID isn't working right Cause if it doesn't see The digit's it will default to the ATT.

Try just making the DID go Straight to an EXT, anyone to see if the DID is working, if it goes to the ATT it's not working. That will let us know if TELCO is sending the right DID.
Also is this a PRI, T-1 or DID card.

[This message has been edited by tony3866 (edited November 13, 2004).]

OP Offline
Well it seems to be working now, after a fashion anyway. Here is what I changed:

removed the day and night routing in his DID from S1:998 back to what it was, which was just pointing at the ext 206.

The call forwarding to the speed dial bin of 998 seems to be the key.

So now when you dial his DID,

it rings to his home phone,

When you dial the main number of the company and then enter his ext, it prompts to leave a message or hold for the user, if you choose 1 to hold it will dial his home phone.

So I guess the only bad thing is if someone dials the main number, then his extension, and then leaves a message he might never know unless he is checking the VM here at the office.

hey but it works!

thanks to all who muddeled through it with me.
ayb

welcome to mudville.
Administrator
Administrator
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by allyourbase:
So I guess the only bad thing is if someone dials the main number, then his extension, and then leaves a message he might never know unless he is checking the VM here at the office.

</font>

Set the follow Me in the mailbox to call him when he someone leaves him a message.

------------------
ssimpson@oneringtelecom.com Need a Telrad Programmer Kit? Telrad Programmer Kits

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nonameyet), 110 guests, and 222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024