web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a single-cabinet Digital400 system running software version 3.05, and an Imagen voice mail system. I am trying to program DSS buttons on the phones for each of the most often-used DNs in our system. I am having no trouble assigning station DNs to the memory keys on the phone, as long as the DN is the primary DN of an extension. But I would also like to program buttons to go to the IVM hunt group and to three virtual DNs (MDNs with only one station in each group) that exist as non-primary DNs on three of the secretary's phones. But I get "value is out of range" error messages when I try to do that. All of the extensions for which I am trying to program these buttons are in PBX mode, as are the MDNs.
Should I be able to program a Memory (or other) key with the DN of a hunt or MDN group, or am I limited to only station DNs? And if I am limited to just station DNs, then is there any way to dial the IVM hunt number or these MDN groups with only a single press of a button? Program a personal speed dial button for each of these numbers, maybe?
If worse comes to worse, I can tell the users to just dial the DN of the IVM system to check their messages, but it would be nice if I could program a DSS button to go directly to the IVM hunt group DN.
I'm hoping that there is something simple that I have just overlooked.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
I can answer part of your question.

For one touch access to the VMail hunt group, just assign a SP key on the phone and program it for your VMail Pilot Number. We use 2 SP keys on our phones....one SP is programmed as "400" and the other is programmed as "[cnf/xfr]4002" for direct transfer to voicemail. (example: 400 is VM Pilot number)

I'm confident that dtmf or ssphone can shed some light on your other issues.

Good Luck

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
Administrator
Administrator
Go idea but 6 levels of software to old. Ver or secondary DN didnt come into programming until Rel 7. Do a Voyager posted for the voicemail and tranfer to voicemail and you can do the same with the MDN's but you have to use speedials not memory keys and no the led will not light when there on the ver dn. Also if the DN is a member of a MDN group you cannot call that MDN.

------------------
ssimpson@oneringtelecom.com Need a Telrad Programmer Kit? Telrad Programmer Kits

OP Offline
Thanks for the replies, folks. I figured DSS to virtual DNs might be a capability that didn't exist in my software version. I dreamed up the idea after reading about virtual DNs in the only Digital System Description manual I have, which is for SBU5/DBU5. I have only the Administration Manual for version 3, which doesn't say much about virtual DNs.

Knowing this limitation of SB3/DB3, another question comes up- can the virtual DN/MDNs I have assigned be given a mailbox number in Imagen?

Here is what I had hoped to do (pardon the length of this message!):
The church has 3 "departments"- church, school, and day-care, and 5 secretaries. Secretary A supports the church (Secretary B is her backup), Secretary C supports the school (Secretary D is her backup), and Secretary E supports the day-care. All incoming calls are answered by the Imagen auto-attendant, and are single-digit routed by Imagen to the appropriate secretary's DN (40, 45, or 50).
Secretary A (church) has DN 40 as her primary DN, along with virtual DNs 41 & 42, and is the hunting station (hunt=3) for MDN group 40. Secretary B is primary DN 203, with DN 41 & 42 also showing up on her phone. Thus, Secretary B can answer calls that overflow to DN 41 or 42 when DN 40 is busy.
Likewise, Secretary C (school) has primary DN 45, with virtual DNs 46 & 47, and is the hunt station (hunt=3) for MDN 45. Secretary D has primary DN 204, plus virtual DNs 46 & 47.
And similarly, Secretary E (day-care) has DN 50 as her primary DN, with virtual DN 51 for overflow (hunt=2)

If a call to DN 40 goes unanswered, it will then forward to voice mailbox 40. Both Secretary A & B will have access to that mailbox, so it is a departmental mailbox rather than Secretary A's personal mailbox. I added virtual DN 201 to Secretary A's phone (DR201 on MR4) so that she would have a personal DN, and hopefully, a personal mailbox (201). I set up a similar situation for Secretary C, adding virtual DN 202 to her phone (DR202 on MR4) so that she could have a personal mailbox too, instead of just the departmental mailbox 45. And likewise, I added virtual DN 205 to Secretary E's phone (DR205 on MR3).

I originally hoped to set up a DSS button on all the other phones for single-button access to virtual DN/MDNs 201, 202, & 205. Using personal speed dial is apparently a way to accomplish that. But the whole thing becomes useless if these virtual DNs can't have mailboxes associated with them. Do I stand any chance of this working?

I am just preparing the config file now, and have not loaded it onto the system yet- so I don't know if it works or not. If this cannot possibly work with my software version, then I'll save myself a lot of time by not loading this configuration and not programming the extra personal speed dial numbers on every phone!

I will go ahead and program the speed dial buttons for access to the IVM hunt group, as that sounnds like it should work.

Again, sorry for the complicated, long-winded message!

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,580 Shoretel
189,460 CTX100 install
187,615 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024