web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
StevenA Offline OP
OP Offline
Telrad Digital BX

MPD S-128 6.03
ELD
OCD Modem, DTMF Receiver, MIM
HONS

Hello all,

Last week I moved a two cabinet Telrad Digital BX and Imagen system for a customer of mine. I've never worked on the phone system itself (I only did their data) but since I've done their cabling for years they asked if I could do their move to a new location which I said I could but not any programing.

Unfortunately there were some problems with the system before the move and now a couple interesting ones after.

About two months ago the voicemail stopped working, an Imagen 4 port LE system. They had already disconnected everything before I arrived to move the system so I have no idea on how to reconnect it and they lack the installation manuals. Out the back of the Imagen is two DB9 connectors, one male, one female that terminate to two RJ45's They plugged into two jacks, one marked A the other D, the two cables went to the phone system in which one went to the OCD cards RJ45 jack, and one to the 66 block labeled IVM1, 2, 3, and 4.

Unfortunately I have no idea which RJ45 is supposed to go where as it was only labeled D and A and the jacks were cut off at the box, one is standard 568B and the other is wired strangely. Anyone have an idea as to how and which way?

Second, on power up, the OCD card and the three options, modem, DTMF receiver, and MIM card all light up the red LED, but soon after they all turn off, I'm assuming they should be on for the voicemail to work?

Thirdly, in reconnecting some stations back to their ports, I get the rotating MSG DND Mute SPKR requesting the DN. inputing the DN does nothing however. One station, ext 237 keeps coming back as 238, I hold the # key to clear the DN but it still comes back as 238. This phone is the second most used phone so I need to figure it out.

As mentioned, they do not have any installation manuals, I looked in the manual links section but I'm not sure of which one to get from the list.

Any ideas appreciated, please PM me with any non-publicly postable information such as passwords or configuration changes.

Steven

Iky Pic
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

jd Offline
been a while since i worked on these but as far as i can remember you need to know which port the extension was connected to before it will accept the extension no
Ie an ELD card can have 2 extensions connected to the same Bus
in system programming there would be 2 extn no's
assigned to Bus 1 and system will only accept these 2 no's for that port so really you need
the system programming software to see what extn's were assigned to what ports
Dos Pcp (as in not windows) was the software
as i said been a while but im sure i could dig up a manual if your stuck

StevenA Offline OP
OP Offline
That's what they have, 2 extension running off the same port, the blocks are marked with the extension numbers, I could be incorrectly assuming that they've remained the same. Without getting into programing though I have no idea as to which extension is at which port.

Ext 237 bugs me though as I put it on a mod tap and move it from port to port and it either doesn't work (wrong set type) or at it's right port says 238. Do these phones have serial numbers in them do they to restrict them to certain ports? As the other phones that have the rotating led's do it at every port that I plug it into.

Thanks,

Steven

Iky Pic
Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
Two phones can work off of one port, Your going to need the programing software becuase the buses can have any EXT assign to them. I would suggest contactoing a moderator and purchase some tech support and they could walk you through eveything with 2-3 hours.

Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
One other thing, The Voice Cable D probably stands for DATA (goes to the OCD card) the one that say A stands for Audio (goes to the 66Block cut down for the OCD card).

StevenA Offline OP
OP Offline
I kinda figured that, do you know which one then is wired 568B? (I guessed the D cable, but the Imagen is still not responding to calls)

At least then I'll have a 50/50 chance as neither the DB9's or RJ45 plugs are labeled.

Still trying to figure out if the OCD is working since there are no lights lit on it or the options.

Thanks,

Steven

Iky Pic
Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
The light on the front of the OCD card should go on they go off and stay off when reseating the card. But with out the software you are just spinning your wheels. you need to contact a moderator and purchases some tech support. I or one of the others can walk you through this fairly quickly so you can get your customer up and running properly.

These questions are over the MSG boards tech support. I'm sorry and we would be happy to help you, just contact a moderator.

StevenA Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Tony, I'll have to see what they want to do, right now they are trying to get the installation manual from the people they purchased it from and the passwords.

I think they still support the system, but they haven't been the greatest so I hear.

Steven

Iky Pic
Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
PM sent

StevenA Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, I sent one back to ya,

Well, today was a bit more productive, I found a faint "D" on one of the RJ45 cables coming from the imagen, so I plugged that into jack D that is wired 568B that goes into the RJ45 on the OCD. The other one "A" goes down to the OCD 66 block and terminated to the previous locations.

Dialing 555 which they say goes to VM gives an IVM Busy message, the imagen however says it has 0 ports in use.

Something is still not working somewhere,

Steven

Iky Pic
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,694
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,704 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (teleco), 117 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024