web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello,

I'm helping out a co-worker who would normally do phone administration, so I'm rather ignorant. Please forgive any obvious questions!

We want the receptionist to have more time than the current 4 rings to pick up incoming lines.
We have a Strata CTX 670 system with DKT 3000/2000 phones. The receptionist has 14 incoming lines. I (mistakenly?) tried Ext. + #6031 + voice mail dest. + 15 (seconds) + #, now none of her incoming lines seem to go to voice mail. OOPS! What have I done wrong? Have I just programmed her extension to be forwarded? How do I program the number of rings for incoming calls on those 14 lines?

I greatly appreciate any help.

Elizabeth

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
You've got mail

You activated call forward no answer
press ext button + #6051
this will turn off call forward

Hello,

I have a similar problem to Elizabeth. The system is a CTX670 and I have Winadmin 2.22a.20. I'd like to change the number of rings on the main line from 4 to 7. I don't see where this is done using the Winadmin sw. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe
Dublin,
Ireland

To me, it is hard to give out a good answer without knowing more about system. Assuming that they are CO lines, and not a PRI T1, first place to look is in Trunks, and see where the trunks ring to in the DIT setting.

Then find out if that number (Dialing Digits) is an extension number(DN), Phantom Extention (PhDN), or Multiple Call Group (MCG).

On another note, 15 seconds is LESS then 4 rings.

Well Newtecky,
It looks like I might be in a little over my head. Here's what I know, we have a Primary rate line, a CTX 670 and DKT2520F (and DK2020) Phones for the most part. I want to change the main extension number voicemail setting time ONLY. So it is currently set to 4 rings, I'd like to get that to 6 or 7 rings Thus giving those at reception more time to answer.
This system was purchased before my time here. We only have 25 users with no call center or customer support requirement, so you can probably see that it is overkill for what we need.
I'm coming to the conclusion that the setting is not in Winadmin. Am I correct?

Thanks,

Joe

Hello All,
I think i've got it.
Hit the program key then, CF-NA, 840 (your voicemail extension) You will then be prompted for the delay in seconds. Enter and then hit CF-NA. Switch out of Programming mode by hitting the Program Key.

Cheers,

Joe

Well, hope that works. I'm just not sure that I know what the program button does. Unless it's a onetouch key programed to enter user programming. Is there a button marked CF-NA? Sounds like a previous programmer set it up to be flexible/changable.

One thing about the CTX is that it can be pretty flexible. The bad thing is that it can be pretty flixible, and different programmers accomplish the same thing in a variety of ways.

How do you set call forwarding?

)Have system call forwarding set. One timer system wide (All phones) controls this type of call forwarding!

)Manually set call forward (#6031). You can set indevidual timers, and destinations.

)Use a Phantom Extension number with either of the above options (only the owner of the phantom can set CF). Put the Phantom DN on the phones that you want to ring.

Calls will only forward if the DID (for Prime Rate) or DIT (for COs) is sent to that extension (or Phantom). Basically; where is the call going to? It can also CF if an entension is the owner of a line that is ringing.

Another option is to set up a mutiple call group (not in early CTX versions), which, like it sounds, rings many phones, and can be call forwarded to VM. Also can set delayed ringing.

Most of these are set using WinAdmin (or more recently in eManager). #6031 is set on the phone, but, as I was trying to point out, may not work in all cases, unless the only CF you aretrying to change is the CF for your own phone.

Other, more experienced programmers may have some more insight to this. For me, the whole point of this long-winded post is, when people ask how do I change the Call forwarding for an incoming call, I need to know more about how it was set up originally.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,718 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (ronaldjamesh, justbill), 59 guests, and 425 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024