web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#180209 04/18/05 07:21 AM
pmc Offline OP
OP Offline
In our attempt to more fuuly utilize the phone system and VM, we've starting setting the voicemail for some users to fwd straint to their cell. These users don't even need the VM on the system, they just need an extension. When then caller hits that extension the system forwards directly to the cell. I have this for 4 or 5 users.

I have a CTX 670 with a Strategy DK VM system.

The way I have been doing it is to just put the cell phone number in the extension field preceeded by a 9 proceeded by an H. Extension: 9<cell phone>H. This has worked for most people. However, one person who uses verizon had his cell phone start getting a busy signal. Verizon said the forwarding code on our system is messed up.

Our incoming/outgoing line is a PRI line. Any advise?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#180210 04/18/05 11:46 AM
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Give each user a one touch key on the phone. Program it with #60119(cell number)#. When they want to fwd to cell, just push the button. All calls to that extn wil;l go to the cell phone. When they get backa nd want to take calls, #6051 (cancels the CFwd). Its that easy.

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
#180211 04/18/05 12:22 PM
pmc Offline OP
OP Offline
If I'm going to use a call forwarding button I like to do a flex button for call forward instead of a one touch. One touch buttons can easily be copied to other phones, while the flex button "forward to" number needs to be programmed individually on each phone. I like the flex button because it acts like on/off - you use 1 button instead of two and the light goes on/off.

However, it won't work for me in this situation.

Several of my people don't have phones in the office. They only have voicemail extensions. This is one of those cases.

I know you can use the menu in the VM to transfer to a cell phone - but to do that I do the same thing. In the VM extensions's "groups" I set one of the menu items to be another extension. This other extension is set with an extension of 9(cell number)H. EX:

ext. 532
Group options: 1: 632
ext. 632 is set to extension 9(cell)H.

Anyway, this is how I have the VM setup to autoforward to a cell phone. And Verizon said it's doing it wrong. I was wondering if anyone knows what I may be doing wrong.

[This message has been edited by pmc (edited April 18, 2005).]

#180212 04/18/05 03:47 PM
I just read the instructions for doing this over and in the extension field you need to first suppress the normal action of the mailbox and then enter the dial string. I am kinda new to this form so I don't know how much of the dial string I can post.

#180213 04/19/05 12:37 AM
You can post the dial string. It should look something like this....

Offsite Transfer over PRI lines using a Stratagy

@F-c,xxxxxxxF-F-H

c=CO line access (probably 9)
x=phone number

Is that what you have?

------------------
fingerlakestelecom.net

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

#180214 04/19/05 07:36 AM
pmc Offline OP
OP Offline
OOOooooo. That looks exactly like what I needed. I'll give that a shot. I have the manual but didn't look in it - A local Toshiba vendor's tech setup the first one for me and I of course mimicked him.

May I ask, where in the manual it gives those codes? This is the VM manual correct? I assume the IPV-8 and the Strategy DK would use the same codes...(I have the manuual on CD and the IPV-8 is a full manual while the Strategy is "legacy" and it only has parts of the manula for it).

Voyager, thanks [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com].

#180215 04/19/05 08:59 AM
That was actually copied from a tech tips sheet from Toshiba on how to program a DK with a PRI.

Let me know if it works.

Dan

------------------
fingerlakestelecom.net

#180216 04/19/05 10:16 AM
pmc Offline OP
OP Offline
I'll be testing it later today and I'll let you know.

May I ask what those codes are? the , and - are pauses I assume, what is the F and the @?

#180217 04/19/05 12:16 PM
The @ suspends normal operation of the mailbox and allows the token program to take over
The - is 1/2 second pause
The , is 1 second pause
The F performs a hookflash.

------------------
fingerlakestelecom.net

#180218 04/19/05 02:32 PM
pmc Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, it didn't work. It just paused, then went back to the main greeting. I pulled out my documentation, started looking through the token programming language. The @ supresses normal process like tyou said, it also supresses the attnendant from saying "please wait while I try that extension".

It seemed like it did the action then did the "done" action, which (while I didn't check) seems to just be to go back to them main greeting. I tried the %K which is supposed to do a transfer hold, that didn't help, and I did your suggestion and my addition of the %K without the @. Without the @ it just dials in my ear.

However, like I said originally, if I just do 9(cell #)H it works. The 9 gets an outside line, the H does the blind transfer.

I was talking to a tech once who mentioned doing a code like you are talking about in the extension field with the @ and F - I thought I had written it down but I couldn't find it. He said it was for peple transferring calls using VM and using the Call Transfer feature on their trunk lines. I don't know if that is used with the PRI - but your tech note said it is. Hmmm. We're very close here....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 117 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024