web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
One of our main answering positions is on Phantom Directory Number 500, which rings 8 different phones. If someone tries to transfer over to that PhDN while the phones are ringing for another transfer, they get a busy signal. I looked in the manual, but the only thing I saw for avoiding busy signals was for PDN's, and not PhDNs.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

if you have room on the 8 phones why dont you assign more phamtom #s like 501,2,3,4, etc put them on the phones and add them to a hunt group so they hunt thru and back to 500

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited May 20, 2005).]

OP Offline
[B]if you have room on the 8 phones why dont you assign more phamtom #s like 501,2,3,4, etc put them on the phones and add them to a hunt group so they hunt thru and back to 500

I had done something similar to get around the problem for now. As we have three main groups that get transferred to, Sales, Tech Support, and Cust Service, I have 3 PhDns 500-502, with one appearance each on the phones. Although the same staff for the most part handles all the calls, it allows them to know what they are dealingbefore they answer, also we also have a different ringing priority for some phantoms on different phones. The problem is that with 3 different groups thats a LOT of buttons dedicate to each category. With the larger systems you can have hundreds of phones, I feel like I must be missing something if one Phantom can't have multiple incoming calls without resorting to Hunt Groups.

How bout CF busy 500 to mailbox 500 that states all agents are busy and hold then transfer back to 500. Make sure 500 doesn't take messages.

OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Toshiba Bob:
How bout CF busy 500 to mailbox 500 that states all agents are busy and hold then transfer back to 500. Make sure 500 doesn't take messages.</font>

Our IVR system is using 4 SLT lines and running from a computer using a Voicetronix 4 line card. I suppose I could have the transfer listen for the busy tone and then if it is busy, wait a little bit, and try again. But then the user would hear all sorts of clicking. When it automatically camps the transfer onto the busy from the SLT lines it seems to only ring the PDN Owner of PhDN, and not the whole group, and even that is only after the other PhDN group 500 call is complete.

Perhaps I am just trying to go about this all wrong. What I am trying to achieve is to have 3 buttons for pickup. One that lists Sales, one that lists Tech Support, and one that lists Customer Service. Phones 1,2,3 ring immediately on calls to sales (PhDN 500), 456 ring after 12 seconds, and 78 ring after 24. For Tech (501) phones 345 ring immediately, phone 67 after 12 seconds, and 128 after 24. For customer service phones 238 ring immediately, 14 after 12 seconds, and 567 after 24 seconds. Our IVR system answers the phone and transfers the folks to the PhDN extensions, but once it has a call it cannot seem to tranfer another call to the PhDn until it is completed (although it will camp on [to the owner of the PhDN) I need bunches of phones to ring at the desks for the tranfers as we are up and out of our desks all the time, so hitting the DND just doesn't work.

Sounds like the IVR is supervising the transfers, try letting the IVR release the calls to the phantom. Better it's holding the call and actually calling the phantom via the s/l ports.
You can create the setup and test without implementing the setup to the IVR and once working then you will implement it. Also check into the s/l ports for the transfer recall timer to make sure you will be able to ring the third group.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but if you put pool keys on those phones, the call will hop off the phantom dn and onto the pool key after the call is answered. This will free up the phantom dn for another call.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, Yoda), 138 guests, and 249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024