web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#181013 06/10/05 10:55 AM
OP Offline
I have 2 phones in a front office with that the receptionists generally answer. All calls come in and are answered by our external voicemail server. 90 percent of the calls choose to be routed to sales PhDn 50, which rings the the two phones for the receptionists, and then after 12 seconds a few more phones, and after 24, some more phones. However, during slower periods the receptionists often leave before everyone else. They DND their phones so that requests for reaching them thru our IVR system go right to voicemail, but any calls on the PhDn that they are the immediate ring for ring nothing for 12 seconds. The same thing also happens when they are both on the phone. Is there any way to get the other phones to ring in a delayed fashion except for when the first two are unavailable?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#181014 06/11/05 02:48 AM
Administrator
Administrator
You say a external voicemail server. Is it a Stratagy? If it is you can make a change in the groups section of the mailbox for PHDn 50 to send to another mailbox (group of phones).

#181015 06/13/05 02:31 AM
OP Offline
The voicemail system is a custom IVR system using a Voicetronix card connected to the 4 SLT lines of our dk40i. I have total control of the IVR system and can make it do plenty of interesting things. Perhaps PhDN's are the wrong way to go? We enjoy the feature of delayed ringing because it gives the opportunity to answer the phone to everyone if the need arises, without taking away the ring from the receptionists who usually answer by forwarding it away, in case they were just busy for a few moments and managed to get to the phone at the 13th second, for example.

#181016 06/13/05 05:15 AM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Use day2 or night mode and ring to a different phdn. Btw, why do you give the receptionist a DND button?

#181017 06/13/05 07:42 AM
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phonemeister:
Use day2 or night mode and ring to a different phdn. Btw, why do you give the receptionist a DND button? </font>

For when the receptionist leaves before we are closed or is out to lunch, running the the potty, etc. If someone asks for her extension directly the IVR then rings her PDN, which is busy, because of DND, and then sends the caller right to her voicemail, (which is what we want when they dial her extension directly), as opposed to ringing her phone indirectly through the PhDN. Day modes almost seemed right, except that I only saw where they affected calls coming in from the outside. All calls are first answered by our IVR system, and then blind tranferred to the appropriate extension.

#181018 06/13/05 12:38 PM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
For example, use day2 mode to send the call to a different phdn with vm id code of a new mailbox where that mailbox will send the caller to a different receptionist.

#181019 06/14/05 02:18 AM
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phonemeister:
For example, use day2 mode to send the call to a different phdn with vm id code of a new mailbox where that mailbox will send the caller to a different receptionist.</font>

From my understanding I can only have day modes affect the incoming CO call at the moment they are coming in, so if that is the case you are suggesting that I assign a PDN to forward to VM and with a VMID set so that the IVR would know in advance that the recepetionists were not available? Is this correct? That would work in the case where the receptionists have left early, but when they are both on the phone, or when one is at lunch, etc, momentarily away from the desk, it seems as if it might be difficult managing to switch to day/day2 mode all the time.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,879 Shoretel
189,987 CTX100 install
188,106 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 88 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024