Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
pmc Offline OP
OP Offline
Often times people in my office sit at a different desk. I've treid to have their phones forward to the other desk's phen ext, and while that works, it doesn't go to VM (at all). As far as I know, everthing is setup correctly. The way I've tried doing the forward is #6012<ext>#<ext to fwd to>#. That works fine, but no VM.

I'm using a CTX with firmware version 3.10, Strategy DK VM.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Do you have a system call forward set up to forward the calls to voice mail as well?

Phil

SCCE, TTA, CTP
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Is the target extension also call forwarded to vm?

It seems that the call forward cascade should be turned off in program 105 FB 40, it should then forward to the originating phone voicemail box. not to the one it's forwarded to.

I'm just in the process of setting this up myself, but running into the issue that it doesn't work, It still seems to want to transfer to phones mailbox it is forwarded to. I know I had it working before with an older version of software, I'm running AR2.22 MH227.00 on the switch it's not working on.

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most -- Ozzy Osbourne
pmc Offline OP
OP Offline
sorry for not replying - I thought I had setup to get email responce.

Anyway, I do have system call forward setup, and I do have the target extension set to use the original extension's VM (original is 232, target is 292, 292 is set to use VM 232).

I'll try program 105 and let you know.

Could someone kindly explain "program 105" etc? I'm having the same problem as the first comment in this thread but am unable to follow your solutions...

Run run run as fast as you can. You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man.
pmc Offline OP
OP Offline
It goes back to the days of phone system administration prior to the web page. Every command area was numbered so you got control it via the phones (so I surmise, I actually haven't done admin via the the phones).

Anyway, using eManager you can click on "command table" under "advanced configuration" and you'll see all the control probrams, and if you click on it it will take you to the appropriate web page.

105 is "system data" which refers to "system data" under "system" under "advanced configuration".

Back to my experience - FB 40 was set to disable. However, I had both the original phone as well as the phone it was forwarding to set to use the same VM box, and it just rang without going to the VM. I haven't played with it much since. I'm willing to set it up pretty much any way that will make it work...

The problem I have is similar. I have extension 230 forwarded to 243. If the person at 243 doesn't answer, the call doesn't go to either voicemail. It rings into the main support line. I found that program 105 FB 40 was set to disable so I enabled it. I can't test it right this moment, but I will later. Does this sound like a logical solution? Any other ideas?

pmc Offline OP
OP Offline
It sounds logical - enabled means it should go to the VM located in 243 (such is my understanding). But, like you, it doesn't go to either VM for me. I'd love to know if you can get it to work smile .

OK...this solution worked, but it goes to v/m for extension 230 if it's not answered. So, if I can figure out how to make the v/m box follow whatever extension it's forwarded to, I'm in good shape.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,303
Posts638,883
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,791 Shoretel
189,859 CTX100 install
187,991 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024