web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hey guys,
i've been recently having a problem trying to connect with the CTX winAdmin software. We have different locations for each one of our branches and the one i am in, i am able to connect, but the other branches give me a "Failed to connect to CTX" error, even though i know that the information that i have is correct ( the ip address [i am able to ping] and the community name ). What else could be the problem of me not being able to connect to those remote locations?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Did you check the IP address of your laptop/PC?

OP Offline
what is it supposed to be at?
because with the ip i have now i can connect to the CTX at our location, but i cannot connect to the one in our remote location. The thing is i can ping to the toronto CTX but i cannot get onto it. The people in our remote location are trying to connect to their CTX also with the proper ip address but they are not able to either.

sounds like the LAN connection on the processor is locked up.Have them enter programing through the phone, then exit programing and try it again

OP Offline
its not locked up since the technician in the remote location said that the lan port is able to connect with the voicemail. If it was locked than that would not be the case. They were able to do the programming through the phones, but that still does not solve the issue of us not being able to connect to the remote location through the software.
I am assuming it has to do with the community name; maybe it has been changed.

The LAN port still could be locked up. It is a very common problem when you have an Stratagy SES or IES 16/32 connected to the CTX with the LAN.

It would not be completely locked up. You can ping it. The voicemail will still work, with the exception that the softkeys usually stop working, but you can not connect with Winadmin.

Sometimes going into phone programming, then exiting using ##hold may work (from what others say), but if not, the only way is to cycle the power on the CTX!

If you cannot connect to ANY remote sites, maybe you router is blocking the ports. You need SNMP and FTP ports open. You could try having a PC at the remote site, local to the CTX, that has the WinAdmin software, and then connect to that PC like a website using IE.

OP Offline
you're theory about the router blocking the ports is interesting, although this problem does not apply if the technician at the remote site is not able to connect through the software while connected directly to the CTX with a cross-over cable...

I am not exactly sure what the technician did try regarding the programming from the phone but he said they tried alot of things and it did not work.

I really do not want to be at the point to cycle the power on the CTX; i want to keep that as last resort! There must be something else i can do...

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Try Steve's suggestion as it works sometimes. If it doesn't work for you, then the only option is to recycle the power or restart the CTX using program 900 via a DKT set.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,111 Shoretel
187,716 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, OBT), 57 guests, and 409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024