Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#187469 11/17/06 12:52 PM
OP Offline
I've tried through winadmin and emanager to reprogram my receptionist phone keys, I go to station, assignments, put in her pdn and go to keys. I changed the programming on one key before and it worked fine so I thought maybe it's because I'm trying to put a DSS to an extension or the main 20 key (DKT2020) won't take DSS buttons. Both things have ended in a ctx error. Do I have to delete what's on the key first? Just trying to rearrange her direct dial buttons. If I missed any information, let me know. Thanks in advance!!

Toshiba CTX670 with ies32 8 port VM - retired
2 Cisco UC560's and 1 UC540 in a multi site config
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You should blank out the buttons first. You can't have a DSS for an ext at 2 locations on the same phone, at the same time.

Now, even if you changed 2 at the same time , ie; you had 205 and 210, and change both of them to the other ext before hitting submit, you would get an error. You would need to delete them first, then reassign them.

DSS keys can be on any FB keys on the phone.

OP Offline
how do I get rid of what is there? I was afraid the reset would reset the whole phone. If I select one button and hit reset, will it just clear the one? That explains the error I'm getting, so thanks!

In WinAdmin or eManager, when you are looking at the key program, there should be a "blank" choice radio button at the bottom of the list. Highlight the button you want to blank, and then click on the "blank" radio button, and then submit. You can do several at once, too.

Phil

SCCE, TTA, CTP
OP Offline
Thanks newtecky and Phil. Both suggestions helped out a lot and now 100 buttons of receptionist phone are programmed the way I want them. Thanks again!

OP Offline
Here's something weird (or maybe it's doing what is expected)
After moving all the buttons, everything showed just fine. After rebooting the system over the weekend, the receptionist came in to her console where all the buttons are in the correct places, but weren't correctly showing current DND phones. I went around and just hit them all twice so it would reflect on her console correctly, but any ideas why it was forgotten on a reboot? The phones were still in DND all around the office, but not showing correctly on the receptionist phone. Does this clear on system reboots? Thanks again in advance.

It most likely does. Seems as though I remember something about that very scenario a loooong time ago. :confused:

Phil

SCCE, TTA, CTP
OP Offline
I'm thinking it was a combo of moving the buttons and rebooting because I've rebooted the system before and don't remember hearing any complaints about it. I just figured if you put DND on a station, it would "show" that way in the system no matter what happened. It clearing would say that it only sends the info once.

When you say he DND isn't "showing" correctly what exactly do you mean? I believe in the CTX/CIX DND is displayed as a flashing red light on the console instead of the steady red light it used to be in the DK platform. This was a complaint I got after a few upgrades because people sitting at the receptionist's phone said it was distracting when it was flashing.

Just a thought - someone correct me if I am wrong!

OP Offline
until I manually went around to every phone and pushed DND twice, it just was showing on the console like DND was not pushed. Turning it off on the phone and then back on again made it flash up on the receptionist console like it was supposed to. It only took like 10 minutes to hit every desk here so it was no big deal, but I was just wondering for the future if it just didn't remember after a reboot or if it was because I moved all the buttons and then rebooted and it didn't show properly because of that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,722 Shoretel
189,760 CTX100 install
187,921 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 102 guests, and 324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024